Voigtländer Ultron 21mm f/1.8

Voigtlander 21mm f1.8 Ultron VM lens - Sony A7II
Yokohama, Japan - September 2019

DSC01788.JPG

All the best,
Mike

I recognize Old Tucson as the location... Nice sense of 3D with subject matter near and farther.

I'm still loving this lens...

Leica M5 + Kentmere 400 [1250ASA]+ Yellow filter

Hi, I was looking for a piece of advice if this lens can be safely mounted on M5, but I see you use it on a regular basis. I understand it doesn't touch light meter "semaphore", right? Is metering possible/affected?

Hi MaZo,

I don't use the light meter of the camera. I every time use my hand light meter.

But I think there isn't any problem using this lens on a M5. I use it regularly.

I have some rolls I have used with this lens. When I have developed and scanned them I will share some pictures in this thread.

I love using it on my M5, it balances very fine (for me). I use an external viewfinder (Voigtlander 21-25mm) when critical composition is needed.

Hi MaZo,

I don't use the light meter of the camera. I every time use my hand light meter.

But I think there isn't any problem using this lens on a M5. I use it regularly.

I have some rolls I have used with this lens. When I have developed and scanned them I will share some pictures in this thread.

I love using it on my M5, it balances very fine (for me). I use an external viewfinder (Voigtlander 21-25mm) when critical composition is needed.

Thanks a lot for your input. The lightmeter might be too close to the rear glass of the lens to give proper reading I believe. But I was more concerned about the lens protruding too deep and colliding with the "semaphore". Now I guess I may give it a try and not be afraid anymore.

Another one:

U28593I1600808136.SEQ.0.jpg

Leica M5 + Voigtlander VM 21mm 1.8 Ultron + Yellow filter + Kentmere400 [♠@1250ASA]

An artist work-house:

U28593I1600959466.SEQ.0.jpg

Leica M5 + Voigtlander VM 21 1.8 Ultron + Yellow filter + Kentmere400 [@1250ASA]

Back