Voigtlander 25/.95 Page Up, taking Deposits

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
1:24 AM
Ever the innovator. Mr Kobayashi seems to be going into a new product line with this super fast innovative lens. $999

Voigtlander has 3 super fast .95 lenses!

The 17.5mm, 25mm, and the new 42.5mm

Thanks for looking,

Stephen

How does the focussing work on the Lumix GF1 ?
Does the display "zoom" in like it does with the original lenses?

as there is no electric connection to the camera, you have to tell the cam 1. manual lens adapted
2. magnify the box for focusing.

My Oly EP2 has 2 buttons 1 FN to switch to MF and another for magnifying the little green focusbox.

How does the focussing work on the Lumix GF1 ?
Does the display "zoom" in like it does with the original lenses?

There is no issue with focusing the 25/0.95 with the GF1. When shooting the lens wide open on day one I was surprised when I downloaded the shots latter that day that I had missed the focus point that I wanted. It has been a learning opportunity for me since the DOF is so narrow and I am starting to get a feel for the sweet spot when focusing with the aperature set at 0.95. Just a little time and patience . . . . .

I have had the lens for about a week and the shots that I have taken so far with the GF1 can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157625258959787/

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:
This lens is one of the reasons I love CV. I'm not even into m4/3rds but they're making serious tools for fine artists. Real fine artists who can't bank the "leica" way.

Re.: focusing short focal length lenses.
I always had a problem focusing shorter focal length lenses on my GF1 even when I focused wide open before closing down to shooting aperture. I have now added a Sony NEX5N to my shooting inventory primarily because I had heard good things about focus peaking. It is all true what they say. Dead on focus accuracy with all focal lengths 24mm and up. I also have a 15mm CV lens, but the DOF is so forgiving, I am not concerned anyway.The sooner that Olympus and Panasonic adopt this focus peaking method the better it will be for the 4/3's shooter.

Back