Voigtlander 50/2.5 Color Skopar

The 35mm Elmar from 1931 is a superb lens. Together with the Color-Skopar 50mm f2.5 the lens is great for traveling.

gelatin silver print (elmar 35mm f3.5) leica ll

Utrecht, central railwaystation, 2018

1710713252593.png

Last edited:
I have my Bessa R2 up for sale as I’m just not shooting much film anymore. Although I currently have the 50/2.5 on it now. I fear this may be my last roll through this camera before selling. I still love this lens and the heliar 50/3.5 on my digital, but seeing your film shots with this lens, I’m tempted to take it off the market and commit to shooting more film! If the two interested buyers fall through I may stay with the set up for a trip to Turkey soon. It’s such a great travel lens!

I have my Bessa R2 up for sale as I’m just not shooting much film anymore. Although I currently have the 50/2.5 on it now. I fear this may be my last roll through this camera before selling. I still love this lens and the heliar 50/3.5 on my digital, but seeing your film shots with this lens, I’m tempted to take it off the market and commit to shooting more film! If the two interested buyers fall through I may stay with the set up for a trip to Turkey soon. It’s such a great travel lens!
Film is always better - for many reasons. Most important is the ease of archiving the recordings chronologically. Mine go back to 1971.

Last edited:
It took me two years to learn it. This one is from 1973, fifty years ago. I still like this one a lot.

gelatin silver print (nikkor h auto 50mm f2) nikkormat ftn

Utrecht, 1973

1710760371065.png

Last edited:
I dunno about the "film is always better" sentiment, but I like your photos, Erik. ;)
It just seems a rather extreme position to take.

But heck with that debate. I'm all in for getting back to doing some photography now that my injuries are mostly healed up, and I'm not overly inclined to worry about what the recording medium is. I *am* having a lot of fun shooting instant film lately... :D

G

Thank you very much, Godfrey! Congratulations with the fact that your injuries are healed up. I hope we will see soon some nice shots on film or some fine digital shots from you.

gelatin silver print (color-skopar 50mm f2.5) leica m3

Amsterdam, 2017

1710789423015.png

Back