Voigtlander 50/2 Collapsible Heliar

MIkhail

Well-known
Local time
4:52 PM
How much should one pay for such lens?
Voigtlander Heliar 50mm f/2 Collapsible M Lens (Black) 250 Jahre (Year) Edition
I searched the eBay and here and did not find many of these...
Black lens, not nickel.
Thank you.

Voigtlander 50mm f2.0 Heliar Classic VM lens (Limited Edition - Nickel), Sony A7II
Yokohama, Japan - December 2018

DSC05134.JPG

DSC05135.JPG

DSC05214.JPG

Mike

Voigtlander 50mm f2.0 Heliar Classic VM lens (Limited Edition -Nickel), Sony A7II

DSC05191.JPG

DSC05142.JPG

DSC05143.JPG

Mike

Looks like an old thread recently bought used chrome version not to bad of price. I like the build quality. Only shot one roll of film so far.

Oh sorry I only got 3.5 version

Last edited:
This lens is fun to use!

Voigtlander 50mm f2.0 Heliar Classic VM lens (Limited Edition - Silver), Sony A7II

DSC05206.JPG

DSC05148.JPG

Mike

My first Rangefinder was an R3M with the 50/2 collapsible Heliar in a Voigtlander Anniversary edition that I bought on RFF in 2007. Kept the set for about 5 years. I never achieved the gorgeous clarity and colour that Yokosuka Mike displays in this thread. Maybe I didn't value it enough. This is an early colour example from 2007.

U12668I1194045968.SEQ.0.jpg

Part of the Heliar lens lore is related to Japanese Emperor Hirohito, who is claimed to have so admired the Heliar lens, that he would only allow his picture to be taken with a Heliar lens in photo studio taken official portraits, presumably when the lens of suitable focal length was mounted on a Large Format studio view camera.

Part of the Heliar lens lore is related to Japanese Emperor Hirohito, who is claimed to have so admired the Heliar lens, that he would only allow his picture to be taken with a Heliar lens in photo studio taken official portraits, presumably when the lens of suitable focal length was mounted on a Large Format studio view camera.

Loved the Story....Thank You .

Back