Voigtlander 50mm f/1.5 II Vintage Line

I’ve got my eye on the black nickel version to go with a custom black paint dual stroke M3. It looks like I should be able to do DIY satin nickel plating with the right equipment and lots of tests. :D

Muti coat or Single coat, are there any comparisons between the two? I hear the SC version Voigtlanders are better for BW film? I have a 50 1.5 Nokton V1, which I'm assuming would be close in comparison to the MC version of this new version? I'm trying to figure out which would be better when it comes to what I have and the images these produce. Any thoughts?

I'm interested in this lens. I'd love to see some comparisons between the SC and MC, especially the same scenes in color and B&W with SC and MC, preferably film. It's a lot to ask, I know. :)

My primary interest is B&W film. But I do shoot color film now and then.

Has there ever been a comparison done of all the Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 versions from the early Prominent lens, the first aspherical version LTM, the second aspherical version M mt, and now the all new series II in MC and SC?

I know the latest version is yet to arrive, but what are the supposed advantages of it over the first two modern versions.

I am asking as I have an original Nokton for Prominent and the LTM version, from I'm thinking 2003-2004? I was always intrigued by the design of the M version as it resembled the LTM Nokton from the 50's. Now there are a couple more in the mix....... Any thoughts or info is appreciated.

This is looking to be a very popular lens.

We may run out before the next production run.

I'm hoping that stock won't be depleted too quickly. I will need to see pictures taken with MC and SC versions before I can decide. The six pictures that Cosina released don't indicate the coating. From the look, I'm guessing MC. I think Cosina should have released pictures made with lenses with both coatings, and identified the coating. And six images is paltry, btw, if you're trying to sell a new lens. Oh well. We should see more after the lens is released for sale in Japan.

I was sold on a f/2 DR Summicron M for my next 50mm until this lens showed up. Now, I want to wait and see. If I miss the boat on the first batch of the f/1.5, I suppose I might end up with an F2 Summicron M after all. Of course, that would not rule out the f/1.5 CV down the road. Just might have to wait a bit longer to add it to my arsenal.

it looks SERIOUSLY amazing. Love the silver one. It looks pretty much like the C-Sonnar, size and style wise, a lens that I quite enjoyed shooting with. With the advantage of being a Nokton, which I honestly prefer. What a great move by Voigtlander.

Regarding the lens signature, should it be similar to the VM 50/1.5, with improvements here and there?

Amazingly Small

Amazingly Small

Just got the 50/1.5 II's in - shipping October 28th

the 50/2 Summicron is substantially bigger than the Voigtlander 50/1.5 II !

taking pics now

voigt_M_50_15_II_blk_3x_SUMI.jpg

voigt_m_50mm_f1.5_ii_nik_mc-1.jpg

it takes the LH-6 hood, available separately

here mounted on a Leica M6 classic titanium with matching titanium Rapidwinder - one of only 30 titanium Rapidwinders produced.

Just when I thought I was done with 50s. Lol. Any idea if it has focus shift?

If it does not have significant focus shift I can see used Zeiss C Sonnar prices perhaps dropping. I have the latter and have learnt to mitigate it (mostly, but not always). Love the C Sonnar but this could be a slayer.

I think I will sell my ZM Planar 50/2 for it. Overall size and focus ring looks like vintage Canon 50/1.5 LTM. Great stuff if it's similar in performance with the 75/1.5; I'm very pleased with it. Never had the first version Nokton 50/1.5.

Looks awesome. However the summicron still shines the brightest in the lineup imho lol. Cant wait for reviews and sooc pics. Waiting for discussions lol...

I think I will sell my ZM Planar 50/2 for it. Overall size and focus ring looks like vintage Canon 50/1.5 LTM. Great stuff if it's similar in performance with the 75/1.5; I'm very pleased with it. Never had the first version Nokton 50/1.5.

what I'm doing

Another review:

http://jacktaka.com/voigtlander-50mm-f15-ii

At the very bottom is a basic focus shift test.

Looks like focus is calibrated for f/2.8, though he doesn't say at what point he focused at. I'm assuming he focused in the center of the barcode. At f/1.5, it's focused closer than it is when stopped down to f/2.8.

Basically, it's behaves like the Zeiss C Sonnar. This is going to make it hard to decide which one to buy!

Back