Voigtlander 50mm f/1.5 II Vintage Line

Thanks for posting the link to that review. Strange that he didn't mention that it was the MC version he was reviewing. I can't wait to see SC version reviews.

Looks like a nice all-you-need 50. Loving the compact size and I hope it doesn't focus shift much. I own the ZM50 and there's very little to complain about. The extra stop of the VC will help indoors.

Watching this thread closely and I hope this lens ticks all the boxes for me so I can rationalize my gear and keep only one 50 that's fast and compact. Hopefully the SC version will give it a bit of that classic low contrast mojo.

I just noticed that the distance scale on the focusing ring is marked in meters only. I don't think I have any other lens that is marked only in meters. I'm sure most of the world is comfortable with that, but it is an inconvenience for me. I would like to have seen a dual scale.

I just noticed that the distance scale on the focusing ring is marked in meters only. I don't think I have any other lens that is marked only in meters. I'm sure most of the world is comfortable with that, but it is an inconvenience for me. I would like to have seen a dual scale.

I noticed that too and I believe the 35/2 Ultron classic is the same. It was nice to be able to think in both feet and meters so this will be an adjustment for me as well if I get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pity that there is no version available in M39 ltm for screw mount Leica.
Such one could perfectly replace my Nokton 1.5-50mm asph, which is a bit beefy with filter size E52.

Another review:

http://jacktaka.com/voigtlander-50mm-f15-ii

At the very bottom is a basic focus shift test.

Looks like focus is calibrated for f/2.8, though he doesn't say at what point he focused at. I'm assuming he focused in the center of the barcode. At f/1.5, it's focused closer than it is when stopped down to f/2.8.

Basically, it's behaves like the Zeiss C Sonnar. This is going to make it hard to decide which one to buy!

Response to an older post: This lens is optimized for F1.5 for digital cameras.
Wide-Open on my M9, which has been used to shim hundreds of lenses for other people.

Nokton-M V2 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Full resolution uploaded.

I just got this lens. Is there a preferred lens detection setting?

I take the Summilux 1.4 50mm asph., but my intention is only getting the EXIF Data.
At 50mm lens corrections are not so important and I normally don't shoot JPGs.

50mm Lux Asph. code is only one black field and so it's very fast and easy to code the lens ...

PS: Just a small quick and dirty SP picture from the coding

(Sorry for the bad quality)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nokton_code.jpg
    Nokton_code.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 2
I take the Summilux 1.4 50mm asph., but my intention is only getting the EXIF Data.
At 50mm lens corrections are not so important and I normally don't shoot JPGs.

50mm Lux Asph. code is only one black field and so it's very fast and easy to code the lens ...

PS: Just a small quick and dirty SP picture from the coding

(Sorry for the bad quality)
attachment.php

Thanks. I've been shooting JPEGs so far

I am looking at the 50/1.5 V1 which might create more of a classic look in the wide open apertures. The CQ description does not mention how many aperture blades it has which I would very much like to know. Can't recall if it comes SC and MC, but SC would be my preference in this case. Comments appreciated.

Sorry for a typo, the v1 version has of course 10 blades (see link)
Unfortunately I can't edit the text anymore

Back