Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO-Lanthar Aspherical Photos

APO-CV-50Test3-5-X2.jpg

Love the colors!

There is a lot of interest in this lens. My smugmug website allows me to see how many views each folder of images received in the past 7 days.

Name
All
Leica.M10.CV50APO ... 15527
75mm'Lux'M8.07.27.2019.....297
Pentax-M 50mm 1.4 with Leica M8.....193
Leica.M10.Lux.75.2021....186
Europe2019.Hologon....170
CV.50.APO.Lens.2021.....153
Carl.Zeiss.Jena.5cm-1.5-M9... 142
Leica-M10-Summilux-75mm-December-2020....134

Nice composition and lighting in this shot. It's a very disparate group of elements that you pulled together in a way that makes sense.
Thank you. I love this place. There is nothing special about any part of it, but as a scene, it is very nice looking.

I do, but we have a few days of dreary weather. We always get the sunny days back quickly.

On the M Monochrom with its 0.68x finder: I'm using the lens with a B&W filter and a cheap screw-in vented hood. The lens itself creeps slightly into the 50mm framelines, the filter moreso. I'm using a slanted/vented shade- the rim of it "touches" the 75mm frameline. As it is slanted, the view through the vent is very good.

I never use filters with my RF cameras. The lens does not block the view, I think. I am using the matched CV lens hood with bayonet mount.
These days we are having less sunshine and more clouds, so the color will not be like colors captured during the rest of the year. This lens snaps into focus easily.

The photos from the new lens look fantastic. How bad is the viewfinder blockage with this lens?

The lens is pretty much the same size as the Leica Summilux ASPH. I'm using the Voigtlander bayonet hood and a filter. Pics through the viewfinder (not the greatest). No hood top, hood bottom, lens at infinity at left, 0.7m on right.

Voigtlander APO-Lanther viewfinder
by Tim Gray, on Flickr

Does the filter play a role in extending the length of the hood here? Still, I can see the lens itself. Somehow, I don't recall being bothered by such an issue. Maybe I just ignored it?

Back