Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO-Lanthar Aspherical Photos

No the filter doesn’t affect the hood at all. The hood mount is outside of the filter mount.

There is some intrusion to the viewfinder but nothing I really notice or find problematic.

Thanks, Tim. I am used to using a Pentax-M SLR 50m 1.4 lens on my M cameras. It is slightly longer than some of my RF 5omm lenses. To me, the quality of the lens makes it worth it.

The lens is pretty much the same size as the Leica Summilux ASPH. I'm using the Voigtlander bayonet hood and a filter. Pics through the viewfinder (not the greatest). No hood top, hood bottom, lens at infinity at left, 0.7m on right.

Voigtlander APO-Lanther viewfinder by Tim Gray, on Flickr

I couldn't ask for a more complete or better response to my question than that! Thank you!

M10M. It’s not 100% representative because as I was not guaranteed to have the phone camera centered in the viewfinder like I would my eye. But it gives an idea.

The lens blocks parts of the view area, but I don’t even think about it when I take photos.

Sledding

Sledding

Took my son and his cousins sledding. It was about 4 degree real feel outside today. Hands were frozen, so a focus tab would have been nice. I felt a 28 or 35 might have made more interesting photos, but I am really enjoying the output of this lens. Some of these are cropped. Frozen fingers and running children made a rangefinder difficult
Crash and Burn by Chris Coppola, on Flickr
Winter Wonder by Chris Coppola, on Flickr
Uphill by Chris Coppola, on Flickr

Very nice Chris. I feel like something special happens with this lens when you nail the focus wide open in B&W. It has a pop-up book quality to it.

Can’t wait to mess around with it on the M3.

APO-CV-50Test8--13-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50Test8--24-X3.jpg

The colors look great.

I finally got my B&W film development going again. Shot a test roll to make sure everything was ok (I have a 20-30 rolls undeveloped that I didn't want to ruin) and used this lens. It looks nice on T-Max 400, as expected. Not a particularly interesting picture, but that wasn't the point :)

I uploaded 2 pics, one at f/2.0 and one at f/2.8. The backlighting was super strong, though diffuse. You can see a bit of flare in the center of the frame on the f/2.0 shot.

film test by Tim Gray, on Flickr

film test by Tim Gray, on Flickr

50mm F2.0 Apo Lanthar with film:

so I got my copy mid February sent to me in Riga Latvia and had a chance to walk the streets a few times.
These colour lab scans, but they are a top quality lab and B&W my own. All shots were either at F2, f2.8 and rarely at F4. No photoshop except cropping the odd few.
Conclusion: this lens is incredibly sharp and worth every cent.
Film used, Kodak E100 for Colour and Fomapan 100 for B&W with yellow filter, in Xtol 1:1
FEB_2021_RIga_VoigtlanderApoLanthar50mmF2_lFomapan100_Xtol_Roll2Pic2.jpg

FEB_2020_RIga_BessaR4m50mmf2ApoLanthar_E100_Pic4.jpg

Anthony

50mm F2.0 Apo Lanthar with film:

so I got my copy mid February sent to me in Riga Latvia and had a chance to walk the streets a few times.
These colour lab scans, but they are a top quality lab and B&W my own. All shots were either at F2, f2.8 and rarely at F4. No photoshop except cropping the odd few.
Conclusion: this lens is incredibly sharp and worth every cent.
Film used, Kodak E100 for Colour and Fomapan 100 for B&W with yellow filter, in Xtol 1:1
FEB_2021_RIga_VoigtlanderApoLanthar50mmF2_lFomapan100_Xtol_Roll2Pic2.jpg

FEB_2020_RIga_BessaR4m50mmf2ApoLanthar_E100_Pic4.jpg

Anthony

Images are not visible to us.

Voigtländer 50mm f2 APO-Lanthar Aspherical (Sony E-mount) lens​

I just got this lens today. I put it on my camera in the shop and walked out the door and started taking pictures. I had to deal with some on & off rain but I managed to get some photos taken. Here are a few from today.
DSC07586.JPG

DSC07577.JPG

DSC07574.JPG

DSC07572.JPG
Sony A7III
Voigtländer 50mm f2 APO-Lanthar Aspherical (Sony E-mount) lens
Yokohama, Japan - October 2022
Image resized smaller than original​

Back