Voigtlander APO Lanthar 65/2 Bokeh w/ coffee

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
8:10 PM
These were taken with a prototype lens having the same optics as the upcoming 65/2 APO Lanthar FE lenses expected to arrive this year, on Sony A7

dark French roast, black with honey

voigt_65_FE_bokeh_01.jpg

voigt_65_FE_bokeh_02.jpg

voigt_65_FE_bokeh_03.jpg

voigt_65_FE_bokeh_04.jpg

voigt_65_FE_bokeh_05.jpg

Great focal length.
I'm just about to find a used a7 version for a universal mount.
For a long time I've used a macro planar 60mm on film and 5Deisel.
A faster f2/65mm with a normal non macro helicoid would be sweet.

I have the apo lanthar sl 90mm f3.5 in m42 mount and owned the 180mm in the past
If this new lens has a similar rendering to the original reflex apo lanthar trio, it will be very popular.
Will CV maybe re-release the 125mm if the 65 is a hit ?
It sure seems like there is space on the market for these lenses.

Looks very good! And a focal length and speed I'd find useful. Would just need a camera it fits... any view to future release in other mounts?

Looks like a winner! What I really need from C/V is a native FE 28/3.5. My A7ii + Elmarit 28 ASPH handles like an RF, but the edges are a big fail. Damn Sony sensor coverglass.

Looks very good! And a focal length and speed I'd find useful. Would just need a camera it fits... any view to future release in other mounts?

no other mounts announced so far.

I would like to see it in Nikon as well.

Stephen

Me too, assuming this is a macro lens. If so, what's the minimum aperture at its closest focus distance?

EDIT: And is that aperture a constant across the focus range?

it goes to 1:2

don't think the aperture is constant -
what macros have that ?

it goes to 1:2

No. The minimum.

don't think the aperture is constant -
what macros have that ?

Certainly not the 60/2.8-D (or the few 100mm's that I've tried). As a professional product photographer that shoots tiny things like earbuds, there's not a day that goes by that I don't long for a lens that can be shot a f/40 or smaller regardless of the focus distance.

No. The minimum.

Certainly not the 60/2.8-D (or the few 100mm's that I've tried). As a professional product photographer that shoots tiny things like earbuds, there's not a day that goes by that I don't long for a lens that can be shot a f/40 or smaller regardless of the focus distance.

12"

diffraction usually destroys sharpness at f/16 and smaller stops

The very early Nikon F 50/3.5 Macros had compensating apertures,
but that was the time before TTL metering.

Back