Voigtlander Bessa R2A -- Eye cup replacement?

b0xtarts

Local time
5:26 AM
I seemed to have lost the part that screws into the eye piece? did it even come with one originally? the spot where you could put a diopter if needed. right now its just bare metal and doesn't feel right. I can't believe i lost it!

anyways, does anyone know of a part i could use as a replacement? maybe something for another camera that's still being manufactured that would fit in the threads.

Also, i've seen pictures where people have the shutter button extensions? looks like a little piece you can screw into the button -- what are those called and where can i buy them? Thanks so much!!!

It may take the same eyepiece as the Nikon FM and FE series. I will check later today and let you know. You should check the Cameraquest website run by the Head Bartender of this site. Lots of excellent information about Bessas. The shutter button extension you’ve seen is called a soft release. The better ones were made by the late Tom A and are still available in two sizes. Check the Bessa threads on this site for more info. Sometimes the larger ones don’t work well with an AE camera.

thanks for the reply!! also, i tried searching for the soft release -- any idea where to buy one? i couldn't find the exact spot through the search function

Just tried the FM2n eyepiece on my r4m Bessa and it fits perfectly. The original Bessa R2 has a rectangular eyepiece; I think the R2a and R2m cameras have a round eyepiece like the R4m. As for the soft release, google Abrahmsson soft release . A lot of companies make them, but the late Tom A’s work very well.

As an aside, the R2A takes the Nikon DR-3 right-angle finder - useful if you need to take low-level shots with the ability to focus and frame accurately.

Back