Voigtlander FE 35/2 APO, M 35/2 APO, M 35/2 Ultron II's SHIPPING

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
3:34 AM
We are now SHIPPING the new Voigtlander M 35mm f/2 APO and the new Voigtlander Ultron II - black paint or silver paint !

(Open Link in New Tab may work best with some browsers)

for the new Voigtlander 35/2 APO-Lanthars

FE or M mount $1149

M shipping NOW, FE shipping April 9th

voigtlander_35mm_f2_apo_m-8.jpg

M Mount 35mm APO-LANTHAR

voigt_fe_35_2_apo-5.jpg

FE mount 35mm APO-LANTHAR

and the new brass 35/2 Ultron II's at $849

voigt_35_2_ii_m_black.jpg

voigt_35_2_ii_m_silver.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Stephen

Why would you favor the Ultron over the APO, Helen? Just curious. I felt in the past that I missed getting the first Ultron 35/1.7.

Why would you favor the Ultron over the APO, Helen? Just curious. I felt in the past that I missed getting the first Ultron 35/1.7.

I too wonder about getting the knurled version of 35 1.7 Ultron...
Xaviar /Shab here on RFF has wonderful shots with that lens

re: APO, isn't that 'Magic' best used with digital...comes to Life with pixels !
Does it not lose it's strength potency on film, or am I wrong on that ?

yes I shoot digi, but slowing down, just bought lots of film, giggles :D

re: APO, isn't that 'Magic' best used with digital...comes to Life with pixels !

You are wrong. APO and Achromatic lenses have been around for decades, long before digital and for the same reason they are valued today.

The CV 50 APO is magical. If the CV 35 APO is also of this quality, then we have another magical CV lens. The choosing process is not easy.

Xaviar /Shab here on RFF has wonderful shots with that lens

The APO lens does magic on film cameras too. I considered that the Leica APO 50mm lens can cost $8000, so the CV lens is a bargain. :cool::D

Brian also likes the CV 35/1.7, I think. He advises me on lens buying.

So how does the Ultron II differ from the Ultron 35/2.0 Vintage that Cosina introduced a year or so ago? From the separate thread on the Ultron 35/2.0 Vintage, it’s a pretty fantastic lens (gives 35 ‘chrons a real fun for their money).

So how does the Ultron II differ from the Ultron 35/2.0 Vintage that Cosina introduced a year or so ago? From the separate thread on the Ultron 35/2.0 Vintage, it’s a pretty fantastic lens (gives 35 ‘chrons a real fun for their money).

Optics are the same.

Difference is the lens barrels
-- V2 has painted lens barrels, new focusing tab, and all brass construction

And four days later you have ditched all the film gear?
An abrupt and decisive shift that probably will give you focus.

Odd that the FE version has a shorter focus throw, now bayonet for hoods, and the smarter black filter threads. Also a pity that not all Voigtländer lenses have the focus/dof scales of the Ultron with the little lines, so much more intuitive than the ones in the APO lanthar (not that anyone would want to zone focus that, but all lenses should have the little lines).

Back