Voigtlander Nokton Vintage 35mm f1.5

BWF

Established
Local time
2:24 AM
I see a short blurb on Leicarumors about a November release of a CV Nokton Vintage line 35 f1.5 lens in either type I or II versions. Anyone have any more information on this? Definitely intriguing to me as an alternative to the Nokton 35/1.4, depending on size and performance.

Link here

I am keen to see what this turns out to be, but wish it was in the spirit of the Heliar Classic 50/1.5, rather than the Vintage family of retro looking, but modern inside lenses.

I wonder if it is coincidence that voigtlander s release will come at a time when the Leica 35 lux v1 will also be reissued?

What do they have in mind? Well, it is aspherical. That seems to be the difference.

Yes, but will it be small and compact like the 35/1.4 Nokton or current 35/2 Ultron, or much bigger like many of their aspherical offerings. Someone referenced a comparison to Leica re-offering a version of the steel rim as possibly a motivation, which is what got me thinking.

VM-35_15-02lohgfd.jpg
Yes, but will it be small and compact like the 35/1.4 Nokton or current 35/2 Ultron, or much bigger like many of their aspherical offerings. Someone referenced a comparison to Leica re-offering a version of the steel rim as possibly a motivation, which is what got me thinking.

It is pictured in the link above. It is bigger but not too big. It certainly is not a reaction to Leica re-releasing that lens.

It’s the same size as the 35mm Summicron asph v1. The brass and paint option is the same weight as well.

39mm filter thread - it's tiny! Completely different optical formula to the nokton f1.4 - looks modern type to me.

I just bought a 35mm f1.2 III nokton too!

Funny that Type I and II no longer relates to the focusing stick/tab difference, like the 28/2 and 35/2 Ultrons. That option was nice.

Does anyone else notice that the 'type I' black lens looks exactly like the 'type II'? In previous 'vintage line' lenses it's a clear style distinction.

Anyway, stoked for this. This is what I was kind of waiting for from CV.

Dark and cinematic samples with little detail is a theme consistent with those provided for their last few lenses.

This lens has the potential to be very popular .... the indistinct samples are clever marketing move to dampen the pre-order rush ;-)

Does anyone else notice that the 'type I' black lens looks exactly like the 'type II'? In previous 'vintage line' lenses it's a clear style distinction.

They are different. Type I is lighter and anodized. Type II is black or silver paint over brass.

The new Voigtlander 35/1.5's are small lightweight modern high performance lenses, very sharp.

Filter size is only 39mm. The Voigtlander 35/1.4's use 43mm filters.

I'm guessing they will probably arrive in November.

Stephen

Back