Voigtlander Nokton Vintage 35mm f1.5

At 36mm in length its as long as the 28mm f2 and they share the same hood. And its a double aspherical. So nothing like the classic
if it has no viewfinder blockage then it looks like a very enticing lens

Are all of the silver Voigtländer lenses silver paint? For some reason I thought they were satin silver chrome plated.

The Nokton II 35/1.4 MC or SC are such good lenses. So much better and more character than my German pre-asph Summilux. Wonder what Cosina has in mind now?

I have 35 1.4 II. I was waiting for years for this lens because MK I is prone to severe focus shifts with some copies, big barrel distortion and because Canuck Lux its replicates is affordable to only some young ones in Japan :)

MKII at f1.4 has flaws, know as glow and character. This f1.5 supposed to be well corrected, but still compact lens.

Horses for courses but i had the previous 35mm f1.4 and found the distortions a bit too much for my liking. One can always add distortion in post but not add back in microcontrast and detail inherent in a lens. But then again theres third party noise reduction software like topaz. Go figure.
Im expecting the 35mm f1.5 will at least rival the cron @f2. Asph if not give the larger voigtlander apo a run for its money. Im presume this lens will be the best all round 35mm that voigtlander has produced thus far

There are some new preliminary test shots coming in on the FMiranda forum with an A7 and Jack Takahashi's blog with an M10. FWIW, I see some similarity in performance between 35 and 50 Nokton f/1.5s.

Back