voigt_vf_wides4x3.jpg

voigt_vf12_15_2125a.jpg

http://cameraquest.com/voigtacc.htm
I've updated the finder page to include the new

15-35mm Zoomfinder

12mm Metal Viewfinder II
15mm Metal Viewfinder II
21/25 Metal Viewfinder
The new metal Version II viewfinders offer brighter views with slightly less distortion.

For the time being, the discontinued Version I 12mm, 15mm, 21mm, and 25mm viewfinders remain in stock.

Thanks for looking.

Stephen

The 21/25 metal vf looks very nice though i would like it even more if it's as small as the 28/35 metal finder.

Could you post an image with both versions of the 15mm finder to indicate the scale, relative size of the new finders?

Do the 12mm & 15mm Version II finders have Bright Line masks?
If you visit the VF page Stephen links to in his OP you will see a direct comparison of the two 15mm VFs, front and back.

The page also indicates that both 12 and 15mm finders are brightline.

I ordered Voigtlander's new round steel 15mm VF from Stephen Gandy at Camera Quest on Wednesday for my Voigtlander 15mm Super Heliar ASPH. It arrived today, two days later. Tremendous quality and service from Stephen at CQ. It makes a big difference from the M9's VF, which didn't really work with this lens. Thanks, Stephen.
Rich

Got the new 21/25. One of the best finders I have ever used. It is a perfect companion with the now-discontinued 28/35 finder.

Jon, assuming you are talking about the metal version, the 21/25 is tiny comparing to any zeiss finders I have used/seen. It feels very solid

Chris, I meant the 21mm version of this finder. Is it smaller than this? How about barrel distortion of the image?
18mm%20vf.jpg

I want to know the answer too

Rereading the comment by me that you quoted, I'm not even sure what I meant...

I've owned the CV 21/25mm finder since July or so and love it. It's the same size as the current metal CV 28mm finder, and much smaller than either the Zeiss 21mm finder, or Zeiss 25/28mm finder.

Rereading the comment by me that you quoted, I'm not even sure what I meant...

I've owned the CV 21/25mm finder since July or so and love it. It's the same size as the current metal CV 28mm finder, and much smaller than either the Zeiss 21mm finder, or Zeiss 25/28mm finder.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!
Do you have a picture of them side by side?
How about distortion, brightness, and contrast?
I know a picture isn't taken through a viewfinder, I am just trying to judge whether the Zeiss is worth the extra bucks. (If it's made in Germany instead, I wouldn't have asked these questions.)

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!
Do you have a picture of them side by side?
How about distortion, brightness, and contrast?
I know a picture isn't taken through a viewfinder, I am just trying to judge whether the Zeiss is worth the extra bucks. (If it's made in Germany instead, I wouldn't have asked these questions.)

> Do you have a picture of them side by side?

No. I only own the CV21/25mm finder.

But I did directly compare the CV21/25mm finder against the Zeiss 21mm finder at the shop before I bought it.

For brightness and contrast, about equal or maybe the CV finder is slightly better. Quite impressive when you consider how good the Zeiss finder already is. For distortion, the CV finder has more than the Zeiss finder (the Zeiss finder has almost none within the frameline). But not enough distortion that it makes the task of keeping horizontal lines horizontal difficult. The CV finder is much smaller, and to me the trade off for the smaller size at the expense of more distortion was worth it.

> If it's made in Germany instead, I wouldn't have asked these questions.

I fail to see the relevance of this comment. Both the Zeiss 21mm finder and CV 21/25mm finder are very very good.

Last edited:
> Do you have a picture of them side by side?

No. I only own the CV21/25mm finder.

But I did directly compare the CV21/25mm finder against the Zeiss 21mm finder at the shop before I bought it.

For brightness and contrast, about equal or maybe the CV finder is slightly better. Quite impressive when you consider how good the Zeiss finder already is. For distortion, the CV finder has more than the Zeiss finder (the Zeiss finder has almost none within the frameline). But not enough distortion that it makes keeping horizontal lines horizontal. The CV finder is much smaller, and to me the trade off for the smaller size at the expense of more distortion was worth it.

Perfect, that answered all my questions.
Thanks.

> If it's made in Germany instead, I wouldn't have asked these questions.

I fail to see the relevance of this comment. Both the Zeiss 21mm finder and CV 21/25mm finder are very very good.
That was a joke

If you visit the VF page Stephen links to in his OP you will see a direct comparison of the two 15mm VFs, front and back.

The page also indicates that both 12 and 15mm finders are brightline.

Do I understand this statement and the ad correctly? The new 15mm metal VF type II (as well as the type II 12mm) shows a brightline frame for the 15mm FoV. In other words: It shows a bit more FoV outside the frame lines than the original plastic type I VF, which shows exactly only 15mm from edge to edge.

Thank you for clarification.

Back