w/nw Bus Stop

My part time home in Cueto, Holguin in Cuba has various forms of "buses" all of which leave around the bus station. Some of the "buses" are official while others are private as the official transportation system is acknowledged to not be adequate the meet the need.

This is an official government bus. Travel to a nearby community is the equivalent of 4 cents. You usually need to be in line an hour before this bus leaves to be able to board.

DSCF1666.jpg

This is the alternative private bus that runs the same route but costs equivalent of 20 cents. People use this bus after the official bus is filled.

DSCF3713.jpg

Some of the buses run on RR tracks instead of roads as some outlying communities do not have reasonable road connections. Almost everywhere is connected by RR tracks to accommodate hauling the sugar cane from the fields to the sugar mill.

DSCF3065.jpg

Some need bus transportation to go to work out in the sugar cane field. Since there are no passable roads, they have these trailers pulled by tractors. They load / unload on the other side of the RR tracks from the bus station.

DSCF5019.jpg

There are also what most would consider a normal bus for transportation from a major city to another. These are Russian and are some 30 years old but usually reliable. This is at the local transportation terminal in Holguin City.

DSCF6369.jpg

Chinese-made Cuban-government bus pulls up in front of a hotel in Trinidad, Cuba.
U77I1498287611.SEQ.0.jpg

Leica M-D, 28 Summicron

Old%20Bus.jpg

This old bus carries visitors around Beamish Museum, well worth a visit when in the North of England. The building in the background is a typical rural bus stop.

I promise this was shot at a bus stop - though there is nothing to show it. Apart, that is, from the rather resigned look of a young woman waiting for a bus which is running late.
By the Bus Stop by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Peter, this is about as good as it gets! Suitable for framing and all that jazz. Well done and bravo all rolled into one. Thanks for sharing.

Peter, this is about as good as it gets! Suitable for framing and all that jazz. Well done and bravo all rolled into one. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much Mike, much appreciated. To be honest a good deal of praise needs to go to the Panasonic GX7 and the Olympus 75mm f1.8. Both of which perform beautifully together. I was sitting at the bus stop and the subject was standing nearby waiting for her bus. I was able to shoot surreptitiously from the waist using the LCD so as not to ruin her moment of contemplation. And of course a 75mm on an M4/3 camera (field of view 150mm full frame equivalent) gives lots of distance and the lens throws the background out of focus nicely.

Fuji X-Pro2 camera, XF35mm f2 lens
Yokohama, Japan - September 2018

Not a bus stop but they are buses, and I do love buses!

DSCF1010.JPG

DSCF0984.JPG

Hop on the bus Gus!

Mike

Fujifilm X-Pro2 - Fujinon XF 35mm f2 R WR lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - May 2019

Bus stop for the Yokohama International Passenger Terminal; better known as Osanbashi Pier. Cruise ships from all over the world dock here.
DSCF2558.JPG

Mike

Back