W/NW: Color Landscapes

Fruit harvest, Portugal September 2014.
Contax 645 / Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/140 / Fuji Velvia 50

U73354I1620398379.SEQ.0.jpg

Predator Cloud Over Shasta

Predator Cloud Over Shasta

51245842816_a67f37bcc3_o.jpg

Yesterday evening, while blasting through northern California from the central coast with my daughter, our arriving by Shasta magically coincided with the sunset there.
I had that sinking feeling though that even if I could find a place to pull over safely, much less dig the camera out of a very full car, I'd miss the light.
All of a sudden this northern exit appeared so I took it. I didn't have to drive far to where this scene presented itself.

M10 -21mm SEM

This pf the tree is lovely Peter and while I enjoyed the small pano of vines earlier, the one here with vines but also sky works better for me.

And so many nice images on this page!

David

Thank you David, its much appreciated. I was surprised at how nicely the tree photo turned out too. It has a painterly aspect I think. Look at the bark on the trunk for example. As to the more expansive Adelaide Hills photo I have made several similar shots and several versions of some of them including the panorama which involved stitching shots using Microsoft's Image Composite Editor. I love the big skies from this vantage point too - and the rolling hills which are somehow reminiscent of waves on an open sea.

regards Peter

This is not a recent photo. I made it perhaps 30 years ago when travelling to Bali. However, this is a recently digitized version of the original slide (and as a result has a bit less resolution than I might have otherwise preferred). But I think it nicely captures the scene.

Bali Central Highlands - view of rice fields with Mt Agung

JTYL9Tx.jpg

51245842816_a67f37bcc3_o.jpg

Yesterday evening, while blasting through northern California from the central coast with my daughter, our arriving by Shasta magically coincided with the sunset there.
I had that sinking feeling though that even if I could find a place to pull over safely, much less dig the camera out of a very full car, I'd miss the light.
All of a sudden this northern exit appeared so I took it. I didn't have to drive far to where this scene presented itself.

M10 -21mm SEM

Gorgeous!!! I love Mt Shasta .

Early Sunday Morning in the Palouse

Early Sunday Morning in the Palouse

51337584468_bba8f2f85e_o.jpg

51337584278_6d2917d2c1_o.jpg

Zeiss Mess Ikonta 524 105mm f3.5 Opton Tessar -Portra 400

Back