W/NW: Digital Infrared

jon.oman

Well-known
Local time
6:33 PM
D81_0772.jpg

The Summerville Town Square.

These are quite wonderful! I'm fascinated by what's going on in the "Summerville" photo. What are the sparkles in the tree? Reflections off the leaves?
Analog Retro-Grouch that I am, I do love the fuzzy glow and big grain from infrared B&W film. But the crispness of the digital look gives a whole new set of creative parameters. Please continue to explore!

These are quite wonderful! I'm fascinated by what's going on in the "Summerville" photo. What are the sparkles in the tree? Reflections off the leaves?
Analog Retro-Grouch that I am, I do love the fuzzy glow and big grain from infrared B&W film. But the crispness of the digital look gives a whole new set of creative parameters. Please continue to explore!

There are a few things going on here. The city has this tree wired with LED lights, mostly for Christmas, although I think they light it up at other times as well. So there is some reflections from them. Also, there is some green moss on the tree bark. Anything green shows up as white in this image. Finally, some areas show up brighter because of sunlight coming through the leaves/branches of the tree. So, a combination of things.

Thanks!

Another from the SD Quattro H.

52266284994_e6affc2d26_b.jpg

The SD Quattros are interesting in that the typical hot mirror filter can just pop out to be full spectrum. I built a replacement pop in 850nm filter for IR.

Shawn

Back