W/NW: Dogs

T

Todd.Hanz

waaaaay too many cats here, let's see mans best friend...

Todd

Dang dog...

Dang dog...

...can't get her to stay still!
If I'm in the back yard, she figures we're playing fetch.

From the Balda Baldina.

Attachments

• penny.jpg
    penny.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1
Some blad shots:

57440227.jpg

57440818.jpg

Somebody's spooky dog...

edit: oops! M7 Tri-X D76H

Attachments

• img254 adj.jpg
    img254 adj.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You can see the wheels turning in that dog's head.

You mean the red rough-coated dog, right? My black and white dog is the only Border Collie airhead on the planet.

Speaking of greyhoundman, he recently resurrected my paralyzed Canonet and here are some dog photos from the first couple rolls through it. I love this camera!

Attachments

• funnyflysmall.jpg
    funnyflysmall.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
  • solositsmall.jpg
    solositsmall.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
  • soloblurflycolorsmall.jpg
    soloblurflycolorsmall.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
MelanieC said:
Speaking of greyhoundman, he recently resurrected my paralyzed Canonet and here are some dog photos from the first couple rolls through it. I love this camera!
That's a look of pure scorn in that last shot. :D

This is ours - half a black Lab and half an Irish Water Spaniel, back when she was a lot smaller than now. I think she was about 4 or 5 months old, here. Sorry to say, it's shot with a Canon 300D, 28-135 IS.

Vagabond said:
Melanie -- Guess where!

Way too easy. That's the middle of Rittenhouse Square facing southwest toward the corner of 19th and the little street called Rittenhouse Square. The cop hut is behind you and the big fountain that I used to swim my dogs in is to the left. I would walk in the direction you're facing, make a right before getting to the southwest corner, cross the street and head two and a half blocks down Locust to get home from the park after swimming my dogs. There's a good coffee shop on the corner of 19th and Locust, just across from the public library, and a great food specialties shop that has excellent hard salami, cheese, and prepared foods right next door. Then you pass my Wawa, my dry cleaner, and a high-end doggie boutique called Pooch that they used as a stand-in when they were filming "In Her Shoes" in the neighborhood. I lived on the corner of Locust and Van Pelt. It's an awesome neighborhood.

Thanks for the memories!

Unfortunately I wasn't taking pictures at the time, so I have almost no photos of my dogs in that neighborhood. The only one I can think of is this one, which I took on the soccer field at Schuylkill River Park (the field at the corner of Taney and South), but unfortunately, I took it with my Coolpix. At the time, the Leica and Rollei were still in a drawer at my mother's house.

A Border Collie bringing sheep down the hill during the fetch at the Oak Hill Open Sheepdog Trial, spring 2006.

176607128_1f2a9bbc31.jpg

Leica M3, Summicron 50/2, Ilford HP5+ 400, and a really sucky Photoshop job

Last edited:
Back