W/NW figurative symmetry

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2021.06.13 Roll #279-06254-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr

The USS Midway spent many years homeported here in Yokosuka Japan.
In 1976 I reported to the U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility Yokosuka as a young Navy Diver. I spent many hours underneath the Midway performing inspections and repairs. Once you pass under the bilge keel it’s lights out! No sunlight under that massive hull; a strong flashlight is your friend. The Midway had a good crew and a good reputation with the community.

Dourbalistar, not only is your picture good, it also brought back many memories for me. Thank you for sharing.

All the best,
Mike

The USS Midway spent many years homeported here in Yokosuka Japan.
In 1976 I reported to the U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility Yokosuka as a young Navy Diver. I spent many hours underneath the Midway performing inspections and repairs. Once you pass under the bilge keel it’s lights out! No sunlight under that massive hull; a strong flashlight is your friend. The Midway had a good crew and a good reputation with the community.

Dourbalistar, not only is your picture good, it also brought back many memories for me. Thank you for sharing.

All the best,
Mike

Thank you, Yokosuka_Mike, and thank you for sharing your story about working on the USS Midway! You must have many more stories to tell about your time working on such a unique ship. In college, I had a co-worker who worked as a machinist on the Mare Island Naval Shipyard, servicing some of the submarines. He had lots of memories and stories from his time there.

Windsurfers - Tsukuihama Beach​

DSC06972.JPG
Sony A7III
Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 lens
Miura Peninsula, Japan - June 2022
Image resized smaller than original​

Back