w/nw non-people portraits

Ugh, possum in the cupboard! They look all cute until they’re running around at night looking for a way out.

Great to see you back Keith.

Marty
Thanks for the welcome Marty. :) This one inhabits the shed and takes great delight in knocking stuff of shelves ... hopefully one of the big pythons that hang about this property will find it at some point. (y)

Thanks for the welcome Marty. :) This one inhabits the shed and takes great delight in knocking stuff of shelves ... hopefully one of the big pythons that hang about this property will find it at some point. (y)

I’m definitely on the side of the snake. The series you posted years back of the carpet snake eating the possum was gruseomely awesome. Also, possums don’t scare rats off, carpet snakes are definitely better.

The neighbor's cat is a food moocher​
-
DSCF6856.jpg

Fujifilm X-H1, Fujinon XF 90mm f2 R WR lens
Classic Chrome Film Simulation
Yokosuka, Japan - January 2023
Image resized smaller than original​

Last edited:
Keith, can this goat talk? He sure looks like he's got something of interest to say.

Great shot!

All the best,
Mike
He's an incredible animal ... extremely intelligent with an amazing personality all his own. I'm more bonded to him than any animal I have ever had and his attachment to me is similar. His ability to look straight into the lens of a camera has always amazed me! :)

7FF9D0D7-EE9B-48B2-8C27-B74070179FD9.jpeg

A pair of intelligent creatures (among a bunch of other parrots and other exotics) at a US1 roadside attraction calling itself Dunrovin since I was quite young, when it sounded to me like a Gaelic place name rather than the pun it is. I was thoughtful but dense child ;-).

M10M, Summilux pre-aspherical

5A00E44B-15FF-47C2-9C74-F218428FAA35.jpeg

973D2F8E-224E-4EC1-A80C-62AED3EC0F61.jpeg

Only the third image is a sort of portrait, but this is a series I titled “The Mayor of Dundarrach,” about a real, desolate, abandoned crossroads town that really was named by its Scottish Highlander immigrant founders. This pooch hurried from her house (a real and abandoned human house) across a dangerous highway to greet me and show me around. It was weird but poignant, because I felt like the alien as I photographed a lot of standing and mostly intact but neglected houses, grain bins, businesses, and their dead rail line.

I offered the mayor a gift of turkey jerky but she didn’t need it. She was a being above whatever considerations I had to offer, but she made me feel welcome for 30 minutes in Dundarrach (which still has a sign on the highway, and which I have known since I was a kid and it was a living crossroads. It is why way back then I thought Dunrovin was also founded by Scottish Highlanders. The names sound so fraternal to one another.)

Below, you will glimpse the mayor’s good sense about crossing the 55mph highway with its tractor trailers. That was my first glimpse of her. Somehow I knew she was coming to welcome me and lead me on the tour.
A74AE7C5-57C4-4987-8F4F-8BF5EC7FE017.jpeg

Last edited:
He's an incredible animal ... extremely intelligent with an amazing personality all his own. I'm more bonded to him than any animal I have ever had and his attachment to me is similar. His ability to look straight into the lens of a camera has always amazed me! :)

Goats are really amazing, and those weird rectangular pupils to me appear wise and sinister at the same time.

Goats are really amazing, and those weird rectangular pupils to me appear wise and sinister at the same time.
His peripheral vision is phenominal ... not far off 270 degrees I'd guess. He also seems to have very good distance vision. :)

Back