W/NW: PAW / Picture a Week

ferider

Mentor
Local time
1:55 AM
Post your favorite picture(s) every week. Let me start like this for last week ("Week 0"):

Stanford

stanford-tn-XL.jpg

Thanks for participating, Dayrell, TM, Keith, Ted, Jamie, Robert and JT. Anybody else ?

In case you don't know, PAW was "invented" by Kyle Cassidy in 2000. There used to be a respective running thread on photo.net, and I thought we could do even better here .... All you need to participate is shoot and post one photo you like per week. Personally I have participated since 2006 (http://ferider.smugmug.com/Picture-a-Week/Best-Of) - feels like it helps my focus and editing skills :)

Roland.

I see You ALL are setting the Bar High...hmmm, ok, I'm In :D
though a tad dismayed that this shot I am posting got 16,984 hits on flickr in 2 days / 'Explored' too
Its not that I'm complaining , Everyone Loves attention
but I find the shot Good but not Outstanding
My 2 biggest photos on Flickr are Digital ( which makes my Film side feel very threatened :eek: )
and then poses the Question in my Mind: Am I better at Digi or just a Poor Judge of my Work ???

oh well...

in the Distance by helenhill_HH, on Flickr

That one is a great composition, Helen. Not just the tracks and fog, there is a complementary line with the lamps and signals on the tracks ....

Thanks for participating.

Roland.

Actually, Helen, that IS a great shot! I love the rails fading into the distance--and the figure on the end of the platform adds to the loneliness....nice!
BTW--you've begun a couple of great threads---the Light and the Colour--keep it up!
Paul

I see You ALL are setting the Bar High...hmmm, ok, I'm In :D
though a tad dismayed that this shot I am posting got 16,984 hits on flickr in 2 days / 'Explored' too
Its not that I'm complaining , Everyone Loves attention
but I find the shot Good but not Outstanding
My 2 biggest photos on Flickr are Digital ( which makes my Film side feel very threatened :eek: )
and then poses the Question in my Mind: Am I better at Digi or just a Poor Judge of my Work ???

oh well...

in the Distance by helenhill_HH, on Flickr

Helen,
Wonderful photo: great lines and contrasts make for dramatic image! And forget the digital vs. film thing. Just keep Seeing. :)

Great to see such a thread on RFF. I put in a picture most weeks on photo.net in the Leica and Rangefinder section, and used to regularly look at the Nikon Wednesday pictures on photo.net. Matthew Brennan's landscapes 90km from here were a regular highlight. Here's mine:

U28906I1388994298.SEQ.0.jpg

Back