w/nw: Smiths

and here I thought this thread would be about that 80's English rock band that made depressing lyrics so popular ;)

Dave :D

dcsang said:
and here I thought this thread would be about that 80's English rock band that made depressing lyrics so popular ;) Dave :D

Heck, I thought it was about ME!!

Walker Smith

rover said:
oh yeah we ALL have that type of picture.... :D I like it where did you shoot it? AND how long ago

hmm, I have a beard, an anvil and a big*as hammer hmm, self portrait

.you KNOW that I am have to try and get a picture for this topic DON'T you ;)

Rover, the last two have beautiful light and tones. Lemme guess: Nikon 50 f/1.4 or Sonnar f/1.5?

Very well done. And how do you scan these so well? I'm having B&W scanning blues.

gabrielma said:
Rover, the last two have beautiful light and tones. Lemme guess: Nikon 50 f/1.4 or Sonnar f/1.5?

Very well done. And how do you scan these so well? I'm having B&W scanning blues.

The guess is incorrect.

This is "In Praise of the CV 35/1.7 Ultron"

Quite a nice lens. On Px 125, taken at 1/15 or 1/30 of a second, rated at 320 developed in Diafine.

Scanning was done on my Epson 3200 Photo, the negs have been sitting under a stack of books for a while. I scan as B&W negatives in 24 bit color mode. I didn't play around too much in PS, crop, desaturate and levels as adjustment layers, resize save and post.

dostacos said:
oh yeah we ALL have that type of picture.... :D I like it where did you shoot it? AND how long ago

Ye Olde Mystic Seaport in Mystic CT this fall.

My son asked the blacksmith dozens of appropriate (a surprise for a 5 yo) questions during his demonstration. He provided a bit of entertainment for the other visitors and allowed the smith to share the ways of his craft quite well. He presented Sammy with the hook that you see him clamping and working in the vise in the first two photos as a thank you.

rover said:
Ye Olde Mystic Seaport in Mystic CT this fall.

My son asked the blacksmith dozens of appropriate (a surprise for a 5 yo) questions during his demonstration. He provided a bit of entertainment for the other visitors and allowed the smith to share the ways of his craft quite well. He presented Sammy with the hook that you see him clamping and working in the vise in the first two photos as a thank you.
cool.

I have watched Ferriers working [mobile came to the ranch to shoe a dozen horses so it was well worth his trip] find it very interesting]

The Calexico clinic [Calexico, CA] has a brace shop with an old anvil that must weigh 300 pounds strapped to a tree trunk works great for adjusting braces and riveting

Dan *whose occupation decended from Blacksmiths*

dcsang said:
and here I thought this thread would be about that 80's English rock band that made depressing lyrics so popular ;)

Dave :D
I dated a Smith in college.. that was a rather depressing experience

Back