W/NW: Whisky, Whiskey

bottles2.jpg

Liquor bottles in the counter display at Mary's Bar in Cerrillos, New Mexico.

louisville-42.jpg

Don's Liquors in Louisville, Kentucky.

kevins-stove.jpg

A friend's kitchen

Crown Royal and Coke being sipped by woman in Po Monkey's Juke Joint outside Merigold Mississippi. This photo was used in exhibits in Holguin City and Cueto, Cuba that was implicitly themed the similarities of the basic culture of the deep south of the US with that of Cuba. The caption explained that Crown Royal with its purple velvet bag costs 3 times as much as regular whiskey but tasted similar when mixed with Coke. However it was an important status symbol when consumed in public. Several viewers commented that she was just showing off, similar to the way some Cubans do with designer clothing, all counterfeit.

chubby-lady-w-sparkles-Po-Monkeys.jpg

...we enjoyed more than a relaxing soak in the bath before dinner. Cheap whisky and coke! Kind of a juvenile drink for a man of my age, but, who cares! It tasted good.
P1060515.JPG

Uh oh...I smell whisky (this one's for you Ken) and where there's whisky, there's soon to be a party!
P1050711.JPG

P1050719.JPG

P1050721.JPG

A man's got to shave if he wants to look good for his wife. Hey, where'd that bottle of single malt whisky come from?
SDIM0789.JPG

Great thread though! I will play too:
5cm f1.4 Nikkor shot on HP5+ with my S2 at the Yamazaki Distillery
34103270864_6bde4fe85f_c.jpg

Japanese whisky with a Japanese camera is a very good pairing. Didn't have time to visit the Yamazaki Distillery last time I was in Japan, hoping to make there some day.

This bottle was given to me as a gift while working in Ireland in 1995...
I don't drink so it just sat...last year I decided to sell it...the person that bought it lives in Ireland...
It returned not all that far from where it came...
I bought the Nikon ED AF 80-200mm 2.8 with the money...

Midleton Very Rare Whiskey 1993 700ml with Wood Presentation Box and original Paperwork.
11923519954_72f4ee3b7f_c.jpg

Sigma Sd Quattro, Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 DC "Contemporary" lens (25mm-105mm on Sd Quattro)
Sendai City, Japan - April 2018

Nikka's Date whisky is limited to the Sendai area.

SDIM3144.jpg

Back