Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

A good friend is having a gathering with the annual Cornhole Tournament at his house...I was originally
thinking of shooting digital but just might take the Nikon F5 with the 85mm 1.4 lens, loaded with HP5+...yup...that sounds like a better plan...

It was Easter weekend. I did not have any photography done this weekend. It was about family life and relaxing at home.
What have you been up to photographically?

I changed the lens on my M10 !
Who knows me knows I usually keep the same lens for weeks, even for months!
I decided for the CV Heliar Classic 1.5 which substitues the old CV 35/1.7 Ultron LTM!

Photographed a reception at our local Arts Gallery, ironically, for our Juried Photo Exhibit. Used my cellphone for everything.

Jim B.

Been going through my folders deleting photos I should have deleted before even putting on the computer. In cases where I have several very similar shots of the same thing, I'm picking the best one and committing to it. My hard drives are rather full and I should have done this a long time ago.

Sister's Birthday party being held on the grounds of some farm in northern England on Friday and Saturday, then the London Marathon on Sunday. I'm thinking these are jobs for the GRIII and Z6/ 85mm F1.8 Z respectively, the last month has been spent mostly with the rangefinder so maybe a short break from that.

It is Sunday here in Pensacola Florida. My photography activities have been few. Instead, I bought a GPS unit for the rental car in Europe (soon!). I spent some time with the gps unit to make sure that it has maps of European countries. Getting a rental car with working GPS is actually more costly than buying a GPS unit. Same goes for asking our cell phone carrier to let me use the phone in Europe. Messaging works for free (from wherever we have WiFi service in hotels). A rental car with WiFi is also costly. There was the option to get our iPhone "unlocked", but we would still need WiFi service in Europe.

What have you been up to this weekend?
I hope that you do not live anywhere close to the flooded areas in the northern part of Italy.

Busy weekend we ohh a family gathering snd not much time for photography, only a couple of snaps with the iphone.
But I managed to find some time to think about photography, more exactly to think which lens should I bring…😎

I'm about to go out for a bicycle ride and am debating which camera to toss into my sling bag. Leaning towards a Polaroid SX-70 derivative... or fit the MS Optics Aporia 24mm f/2 onto the M10-R and go with that. Have to decide quickly as I want to get rolling now! :D

G

Last Monday I photographed 121 pieces of student art, that will (eventually) go on an outdoor art wall. This weekend I started post-processing.

Jim B.

Just finished a two-day assignment for a client, which was photographing an airshow at Joint Base McGuire-Fort Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey. In addition to my regular Nikon stuff that I use for work, I brought along the Hasselblad 1000f with the CFV II 50C digital back.

Long two days and my shoulders are killing me.

We're doing a London (UK) photowalk off the beaten track this weekend bank holiday.

Last time we did it was fantastic - the weather was sublime and we drifted off away from the crowds to discover how to shape each other's vision whilst walking and talking.

I'm about to go out for a bicycle ride and am debating which camera to toss into my sling bag. Leaning towards a Polaroid SX-70 derivative... or fit the MS Optics Aporia 24mm f/2 onto the M10-R and go with that. Have to decide quickly as I want to get rolling now! :D

G
Almost literally just as I typed that, my beloved partner walked in the room and insisted that we go for a walk to get lunch. So... I stuck the M10-R with Aporia 24mm, set to f/4, in my walking bag and went on a 4 mile walk instead. The Aporia 24mm works pretty nicely on the M10-R sensor and shows a lot of character. :)

Tree Trunks Against Leafy Canopy - Santa Clara 2023
Leica M10-R + MS Optical Aporia 24mm f/2, set to f/4

This tiny lens, barely larger than a body cap, is a no-brainer for me to stick in a corner of my bag no matter what other lens I'm going to go with on my bicycle expedition!

G

Back