Well this just got interesting ;)

Huss

Mentor
Local time
3:20 PM
My Neptune kit came in. Lomo was having a sale on the 3 lens kit, and I got a deal too good to refuse on a new/never used 15mm.

My poor Ltd had no idea what was about to happen:

The horror!

Interestingly when you change the lens elements, you need to reset the base unit to match the aperture range on the lens being used. It involves setting the focus distance to minimum, then pulling out the aperture collar and rotating it until it clicks into place. Then it matches the aperture range between base and lens.
Reading the instructions and figuring out what they meant took longer, much longer, than doing it. Now it takes a couple of seconds. Butt still not as quick as changing a regular lens where you don't do anything.
Metering is automatic stop down as in, when you turn the aperture ring, the lens stops down as you turn it. This actually makes it "better" to use on a mirrorless kamera like my Z7. So I'll be trying that out too when I get a chance.

What an interesting system. How is the image quality? Seems like it would just be easier to have three regular Nikkor lenses to cover the same focal lengths. Faster lenses, faster lens changing.

Huss,

I would watch a channel of you buying and showing off your latest hankerings (photos at the end of course)

I could cheerlead you from the comments.

Just a idea? :D

Could call it Foto Slutz

Now, now, this is a PG-13 sort of place.

Actually, this is a great idea. The Head Bartender should create a channel and have different folks add video reviews, tips and tricks, opinions, etc.

Joe with his Bags, Jon with is Nikon RFs, you and your STUFF!

B2 (;->

Hmm, I did an unboxing video for the Head Bartender for the LC-A 120 (with surprise gift!).
I'll have to see if I can dig that one up. It was hosted on my now deleted Photobucket account.

I remember seeing a couple (more than one, but not by much) on an age poll a while back. But like so much, that might have been longer ago than feels.

B2 (;->

Back