What have you just BOUGHT?

Hasselblad parts, because "Someday", as in "Someday, I'll get around to repairing it" was beginning to seem like "Never" unless I got busy! As of yesterday, I got new barn doors installed on the 500c, and have the gear train properly synchronized. Should have this job completed shortly.

Looking forward to seeing it finished

This time, instant film:

1 pack Polaroid SX-70 monochrome
1 pack Polaroid SX-70 color
1 pack Polaroid 600 monochrome
1 pack Polaroid 600 color
1 pack Fuji instax mini monochrome
1 pack Fuji instax square monochrome

black Bronica S2 (maybe a 2a but won't be certain until I have it in hand) , 2 backs, stock Nikkor 75mm. Yes, I would have preferred a 2000 or 200 Hasselblad. I'd never get it past my wife.

black Bronica S2 (maybe a 2a but won't be certain until I have it in hand) , 2 backs, stock Nikkor 75mm. Yes, I would have preferred a 2000 or 200 Hasselblad. I'd never get it past my wife.

I tried one of these once. The real hassablad was hidden inside it ;)

6eaedcd5c8323a5988e19065e314205a.jpg

I bought a new old stock Fujifilm X-T2 special edition Silver Graphite camera body.

It's a complete in the box set with everything (special leather strap, flash, etc...).

BTW, after setting it up the way I like, I took it out today with an XF 35mm f2 lens for a test op and it was great!

A couple shots from today:

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

All the best,
Mike

14 rolls of 35mm, 36 exposure Kodak Tri-X film...recently expired (2016/2017) Bought it for just under $90US with shipping/taxes...Happy bidder here.

Harman B&W reusable camera for UKP2 as a store was clearing the shelves for Christmas. It has a 27 exp XP2 Ilford film in it and I am wondering how to extract it for my Olympus XA1 which likes 400 ASA film...

As anyone any experience of opening this camera to get the film out? Please?

Regards, David

I've just bought a chrome Nikon FM2n, which must have been dropped on it's head at some point as the hotshoe is tilted down to the left (looking from behind the camera), the left slot of it being bent down towards the base of the shoe. This was shown in the pics but I didn't notice, lol! Everything seems to be working though, but I'm not able to test the flash ready light as I don't have a Nikon flash.

I've also just bought a Nikon series E 35mm lens, as part of my "indoor/low-light" kit (even though f2.5 ain't really a "low-light" max aperture), I'll be using it with the FM2n which has a bright enough screen, so it doesn't really matter.

I also bought a "wide angle" metal lens hood for that 35mm lens (? for low-light/indoor work, you may ask, but I'm incapable of using a lens without a hood if it can take one, and it allows outdoor use). I also bought a Hoya Sky 1B filter. This is as a protection for the 35mm's front element and allows the lens to be used outside should I want to.

Ikonta 523/16. Paid 45€, I figure CLA will be needed (when the camera arrives), but externally it seems to be in very nice condition. Unfortunately, with Novar lens (f3.5), Tessar would have been nice…

Two goodies for my Mamiya TLRs: First, the 135mm f4.5, a funky long-focus lens with all the glass in front of the shutter and aperture. We'll see how this performs... Second, the Mamiya prism (not the nasty porroprism), a big, heavy chunk of glass which nevertheless sits well on the camera, is very bright, and handles quite nicely. I'm developing quite an addiction to Mamiya's TLRs. They're big, solid brutes with none of the finesse of a Rollei; they inspire confidence and perform, for me, as well as anything out there. The Hasselblad is getting nervous.

I also bought a "wide angle" metal lens hood for that 35mm lens (? for low-light/indoor work, you may ask, but I'm incapable of using a lens without a hood if it can take one, and it allows outdoor use). I also bought a Hoya Sky 1B filter. This is as a protection for the 35mm's front element and allows the lens to be used outside should I want to.

A man after my own heart! A lens hood and a skylight filter are like clean underwear. You just don't leave home without them, 'cuz you never know...

Saw a Macro-Adapter-M (goggle eyes) for the 90mm f4 Macro-Elmar-M for sale at a very nice price so I snatched it up even though it will be a while before I can afford the lens itself. Pays to be ready in advance.

PF

A number of things over the last month - I just got a 1957 Hasselblad SW that’s just coming back from a CLA and new seals, a 250/5.6 Sonnar lens for my 1000f, a Ross Sweden tripod head (which is a really scarce item I’d think, as Ross AB was one of Victor Hasselblad’s companies before the 1600f was introduced), and a bunch of 120 film.

Two goodies for my Mamiya TLRs: First, the 135mm f4.5, a funky long-focus lens with all the glass in front of the shutter and aperture. We'll see how this performs... Second, the Mamiya prism (not the nasty porroprism), a big, heavy chunk of glass which nevertheless sits well on the camera, is very bright, and handles quite nicely. I'm developing quite an addiction to Mamiya's TLRs. They're big, solid brutes with none of the finesse of a Rollei; they inspire confidence and perform, for me, as well as anything out there. The Hasselblad is getting nervous.

Another fan of Mamiya TLRs here, Retro-Grouch. I see them as a whole different paradigm from the Rolleis. I think Mamiya took more inspiration from large-format view cameras than they did from Rollei. Rolleiflexes are more compact and lightweight, but Mamiyas have a much broader range of function - a thoroughly pragmatic design.

I've debated getting the glass prism finder, myself. It would round out the system, but I'm not sure how much I would use it.

- Murray

A man after my own heart! A lens hood and a skylight filter are like clean underwear. You just don't leave home without them, 'cuz you never know...

And yet what happens if you been in an accident? Your grundies get covered in poop, pee and blood, so wassa point of clean grundies anyway? lol.

And yet what happens if you been in an accident? Your grundies get covered in poop, pee and blood, so wassa point of clean grundies anyway? lol.

A man of taste, refinement, and moral principle always wears clean grundies, bloody well regardless!
BTW, "grundies" is a new word for me. Ozzie slang? I like it, and it will officially enter my lexicon. Thank you!

Back