What have you just BOUGHT?

I'm in love with the old Nikon 12 mp full frame sensor and I just took possession of a very nice Nikon D3. It was advertised as being in excellent condition and the price was right. It really does look nearly new. I just checked the shutter activation count and it's less than 3600 clicks. Nikon says the D3 should be able to handle 300,000. That should take me right on through til my ride to the mortuary.

Did I do good or not?
You sure did! And be sure to take it with you. I'm taking my Hasselblad.

Picked up a couple Canon barnacks! A fully CLAd S-II that will be here in a couple days and a IIIa. The latter took a dump mid roll, so it'll be sent out for a CLA.

A Nikkor-Q Auto 200mm f/4 lens off the auction site...it was advertised as a Non-Ai lens but looking at the images you can tell its been clearly converted with a factory conversion kit. It should arrive in a few days and I can hardly wait...

Wise choice! I think the older lenses are more solidly made, and are certainly better looking.
Well, with shipping it was $80-way better than the $200 some dealers want for the all black models. Plus it can use series 6 filters-and I have a #29 red in that size-so I won't have to lay out $30-$40 for a Series 7 red #29.

Plus it's in great shape with clear,clean glass.

I got the upgrade in the Pixii from A1571 to A2572 which meant at 64bit SoC chip. What does that translate to for me? Well, it charges the battery a lot faster, it transfers files from camera to computer a lot faster and is reputed to be more economical in battery usage. Euros 320 plus Euros 50 return shipping. The imaging is supposedly better. I have no way to test that and have been quite happy with the Pixii imaging since I got it. And I can do on-the-fly changes from color to B&W in DNG, real B&W not a conversion. Saved the price and toting of a second camera and lens. This is not new. it was in A1571.

I am biased but do believe this to be an underappreciated camera. Here is a photo of a Coast Guard cutter from last week. Converted from DNG to 8 bit JPG in ART. Resized in GIMP because I do not know how to do it in ART yet. Eat your hearts out. ;o)

The lens is a Canon 35mm LTM f/2.0 (black), most likely set at f/4.0.

P0000066rff.jpg

5 rolls of expired (2010-2014) Portra 160. Probably not cold stored (why do people do that with expensive film?). Waiting for bright days to shoot them at 100.

I discovered that Brooklyn Camera sells a 37mm threaded filter/lens accessory adapter for Polaroid SX-70 series cameras ... and of course I had to have one! :D I already have the excellent Polaroid 1.5x tele lens for the SX-70, this will give me access to a better wide angle lens as well as to B&W filters for when I'm shooting with B&W film. A 37 to 46 mm step up ring will net me access to my full filter set in 46mm threaded size.

So ... one 37mm adapter, a couple of cheap 37-46 mm step up rings are on the way. And maybe I'll order that wide lens I saw. ;)

G

Dear Board,

I recently bought a Pentax ES-ll that is being reconditioned. I wanted a longer telephoto and when a 300m f4 Super Takumar showed up on the home wrecking auction site with a BIN I couldn't resist.

It came with a m42 to EOS adapter with focus confirmation and a bonus 2X TC. I threw it on my EOS 1Dlll and fired a few test shots. It works great and I look forward to using it on my ES-ll when it gets back.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

IMG_6814 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

IMG_6813 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Gargoyle 3-30-23 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

I found this on Marketplace nearby where I live. It comes with a ME but the ME looks in poor condition. I offered £45 and accepted, I will know more when I see it from close.

Screenshot_20230330-105159_Facebook.jpg

Back