What have you just BOUGHT?

Just bought a Type "G2" viewfinder screen for the Nikon F. The "G" screens are the ones with clear glass surrounding a large center microprism spot. It's not here yet. It's one last attempt at a manual focusing solution for my aging eyes.

Just bought a Type "G2" viewfinder screen for the Nikon F. The "G" screens are the ones with clear glass surrounding a large center microprism spot. It's not here yet. It's one last attempt at a manual focusing solution for my aging eyes.
Didn't Nikon used to make a magnifying eyepiece for the F/F2? I am pretty sure they did although it might be hard to get.

A 55/3.5 AI Micro-Nikkor. Not because I'm into macro photography but because the 55/3.5 is noted to be so sharp and it's available pretty cheap. Mine really wasn't that cheap but, yes, it is extremely sharp. Works nicely on my new-to-me D3.

The 37mm mount adapter for the Polaroid SX-70 arrived, along with a 37->46mm step up ring. Unfortunately, fitting this combination to the camera depresses the spring-loaded film path guide at the front of the camera a small amount due to its diameter and the tight fit of the adapter to the available space, which can potentially cause an ejecting print to jam. I'd rather not risk that ... so I found an inexpensive set of 37mm b&w filters (red, yellow, green, blue for $25) instead. They might cause some flare, but I figure I'll test them on the Polaroid B&W film and see which produces the spectral response I'm looking for, then buy a multicoated B+W or Heliopan filter if needed. :)

G

Didn't Nikon used to make a magnifying eyepiece for the F/F2? I am pretty sure they did although it might be hard to get.
There is an eye piece magnifier for Nikon F and Nikkormat, I bought one of those in 1973 and I've still got it. It can be flipped up for composing the shot. You can get it on ebay from $40 and upwards.

EyeMagnifier.JPG

I tried one of the 2X flip-up eyepiece magnifiers but having to flip it down for focusing and up to see the full frame was too much of a distraction. (I say this as an LTM Leica user who has no trouble with the little side-by-side rangefinder and viewfinder windows.)

Nikon also made at least two different screw-in 1.2X or thereabouts magnifiers but I didn't find they made much of a difference for me.

Just took delivery of these lenses:

Promaster 80-200/4.5, Pentax K mount, with Micro 4/3 adaptor
Vivitar 28-70 3.5-4.8 Macro, Pentax K mount, with Micro 4/3 adaptor
Takumar 135/3.5 preset, M42 mount
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 85/1.8, M42 mount (with hood)

I got this lot mainly for the 85, which sells alone for much more than I paid for all four. Very much looking forward to using it -- I understand it's a star among the S-M-C Takumars, which is saying something. I've never used a preset Takumar; might be a little fiddly in use but it will work well with my H3v. Glass and mechanics seem great on both.

I am not familiar with the zooms (curious to figure out the makers and vintage), but with the M4/3 adaptors they'll be fun to use with my OM-D EM10.

The guy selling the lenses lives about an hour away, but he was willing to come all the way to me. I didn't have the exact amount of cash, but the least I could do was let him keep the change for his gas money.

The hunt was good. The gods are pleased!

Replenished my film stock: Ultramax, Gold 200, Proimage, Vision 250D, Vision 50D. It was quite a bit of chasing as Ultramax/Gold appeared and disappeared within a day (at German e-shops), but Proimage seems to stay for a while. 10-11€ per roll, not cheap, but I doubt it will ever be cheaper. It’s good I have a lot of old stock (xtra 400 and superia 100).

A Bronica 105mm f/3.5 for the ETRSi. The past several months have seen me falling in love with all things Bronica. Odd that I never even considered the brand when they were current! The ETR line is the perfect complement to my Pentax 645N, less capable in some ways but very portable, and with lenses not in the Pentax lineup (like the 105mm, the perfect length short tele).

and with lenses not in the Pentax lineup (like the 105mm, the perfect length short tele).
Uh.....

52798744721_97f218a7d1_b.jpg

52799135080_4ca575639e_b.jpg

Shoots with open aperture metering in aperture priority or manual mode.

Loving the flexibility of using my Pentax 6x7 lenses on the 645N and 645D. I added the SMC 67 55mm F4 and SMC 67 200mm F4 to the kit.

Ordered a new TTArtisan 90mm F1.25 in M mount from KEH. In case anyone is on the fence, KEH is selling it for $130 less than the other usual reputable sellers.

Back