What have you just BOUGHT?

That is odd. I've never seen this version of the 1.4 before. All the 1.4 I've seen look like the one I have (check focusing ring and aperture lock). What is the s/n please?

View attachment 4822236
The one above is the Mark I, yours is the Mark II.

The Mark I is in the 2000887 - 2077229 serial range: Nikon Lens Versions and Serial Nos

They perform about the same, and have the same basic optical formula although there might be some changes between models.

I believe it is a very early version of the lens. The photos I. The ad don't show the serial number but I will be happy to share it when it gets here.

The others explained it 😎 They're also cheaper 😉

Yesterday arrived my Leica M5 (2-lug)

This camera is in very mint condition, but the lightmeter is not working. I already contacted ACR (Amsterdam Camera Repair) for an CLA, and see if the lightmeter can be fixed.

The camera is in such good condition, that I believe that it‘s never used. There’s only a small scratch on the front of the viewfinder, and that’s the only damage I could find outside and inside.

Hope to turn the camera in a good user. That can be used for years to come.

Last edited:
Yesterday arrived my Leica M5 (2-lug)

This camera is in very mint condition, but the lightmeter is not working. I already contacted ACR (Amsterdam Camera Repair) for an CLA, and see if the lightmeter can be fixed.

The camera is in such good condition, that I believe that it‘s never used. There’s only a small scratch on the front of the viewfinder, and that’s the only damage I could find outside and inside.

Hope to turn the camera in a good user. That can be used for years to come.
Always thought the M5 was the most beautiful and interesting of the film M cameras 😍. Enjoy!

Three used Voigtlander m4/3 f0.95 lenses, all EX+ or better, the 10.5, 25, and 42.5mm versions. The build quality is fantastic, and they focus down to near macro distances. The only negative is that in total they weigh about as much as a car.

I am thinking about looking for a 60mm to round out the set, but there don’t seem to be as many around. Pretty much decided against the 17.5mm as I really like the Pan-Leica 15mm lux. A Voigtlander 29mm f0.8 was also made, but is fairly pricey.

This week I bought a spare 120 insert and plastic case for my Mamyia m645 1000s as well as manuals for that camera and the the PD Prism Finder S, even though there is info about it in the camera manual. lol.

I ordered the new InstantFlex TL70 Plus+ by MiNT ... a new, fully manually controllable, Instax Square TLR. It's *just* becoming available for purchase, initial offer going to customers who have MiNT's InstaKon RF70.

InstantFlex TL70+ by MiNT.jpg

Hits all my buttons ... TLR, manual control of shutter and aperture, built-in meter with auto available, manual focus, WL reflex finder. Obviously, I didn't need it, but it's one of those "gotta have" things. ;)

G

I ordered the new InstantFlex TL70 Plus+ by MiNT ... a new, fully manually controllable, Instax Square TLR. It's *just* becoming available for purchase, initial offer going to customers who have MiNT's InstaKon RF70.

View attachment 4822509

Hits all my buttons ... TLR, manual control of shutter and aperture, built-in meter with auto available, manual focus, WL reflex finder. Obviously, I didn't need it, but it's one of those "gotta have" things. ;)

G
Dear Godfrey,

That looks like a fun camera. Please post a review once you've had it out and about.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear Godfrey,

That looks like a fun camera. Please post a review once you've had it out and about.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Certainly will! My first "real" camera, past the Minolta 16Ps that I bought for myself, was the '49 Rolleiflex that my grandfather loaned me, the same way he loaned it to his youngest son (my uncle) to learn photography with. I had Rollei and Yashica TLRs from then until the early '00s when I bought my first Hasselblad 500CM. The Rolleiflex TLRs were always delightful ... I can only hope that MiNT has done a good job with this one, just as they have with the RF70.

Certainly will! My first "real" camera, past the Minolta 16Ps that I bought for myself, was the '49 Rolleiflex that my grandfather loaned me, the same way he loaned it to his youngest son (my uncle) to learn photography with. I had Rollei and Yashica TLRs from then until the early '00s when I bought my first Hasselblad 500CM. The Rolleiflex TLRs were always delightful ... I can only hope that MiNT has done a good job with this one, just as they have with the RF70.
I'm also eager to hear your opinion, and see some results. If this camera delivers the control and sharpness that it seems to promise, it will be a real winner. I've been GASsy since I read about it!

Thanks! I'm eagerly awaiting it. I've received the order confirmation email, waiting for the shipment confirmation and tracking info now. :)

Meanwhile, I've got another pack of 600 Color Round Frame in the Polaroid SLR670a to go play with... :D

G

Back