What have you just BOUGHT?

Voigtlander Bessamatic w/50/2.8 Color-Skopar X...

Congratulations! Although I find its linked shutter-speed and aperture control awkward, I’m still fond of the Bessamatic. I’ve had mine for over 20 years and, after one repair to fix its jammed shutter, it’s now working smoothly again. The Color-Skopar produces nice images.

Today I found this RoBoT Royal 36 in a junk shop, for NZ$45, or about US$28. Unfortunately (...very unfortunately!) someone has broken off the shutter blades; at least the lens looks to have clean glass.

20221230_184034.jpg

Christmas presents from wife: 5 pack of Portra 160 in 120 and 1901 HCB camera strap for the Praktica L2
my own treat for me: Voightlander SC skopar 25mm f2 for my Contax ii

Christmas presents from wife: 5 pack of Portra 160 in 120 and 1901 HCB camera strap for the Praktica L2
my own treat for me: Voightlander SC skopar 25mm f2 for my Contax ii

How do you like the strap? I just looked them up and they look good - I can’t seem to have enough camera straps.

Went to the HCB strap website... ...now checking out Voigtlander Superb TLR's... ...cool machine... ...nice one on Etsy currently... ...and some nice ones on the bay... Hmmm... :cool:

They look wonderful. This said, leather straps in the tropics are a recipe for trouble (mold), so I've recently got into the Peak Design straps and anchors. Cheers, OtL

The last time crossing the oceans, I kept my passport and other essentials in my Billingham and stuff fell out in the overhead compartment. Not something you'd want to happen and so I just bought the Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L, to replace it -it has a zipper. Cheers, OtL

I've just bought an Altissa Altix III (or it could be a 'II' depending on what info you're looking at on the web). I was wishing to get one after my dumping my previous one (which had a not properly working shutter - slow on the slow speeds), but all the ones I'd seen were all rather expensive and all seemed to be described as having trouble with their shutters. But I found one which seems to be working properly and I only payed £49. I found it when I went pick up my Nikon ais 50mm which had been in for repair.

52618473275_e944b1391b_c.jpg

Voigtlander Color Skopar 21mm f3.5. Primarily to use on the GFX 50R. It vignettes hard in corners in full 4x3 mode but makes for a very interesting combo when using the 1:1 or 65:24 modes on the Fuji. In 1:1 it gives a slightly wider view than the SMC, in 65:24 it is almost equivalent to the XPAN with the 30mm on it.

I just purchased yet another stereo camera - a Super Duplex 120. This has been on my radar off and on over the last couple of years, and I finally found one (in Italy - its homeland!) that was a combination of a good price and reasonable condition. No lens caps (most of them seem to be absent from the cameras that are out there) but I’m sure I’ll be able to figure something out.

Just spent way too much for a rare full set of Horseman rangefinder cams for my 985. Now I can use all of my lenses (65, 75, 90, 105, and 150) fully coupled for hand-held rangefinder shooting. I've never been any good at guesstimating distance; up 'til now, all but the 105 were restricted to ground glass focusing and viewing, so I felt I was wasting so much of this wonderful camera's potential.

Very nice @Bill Blackwell ! An early "Leitz" M6.

Did you leverage the film rewind and frame preselector levers from an earlier M model :)?
It's from the very first batch of 2000 M6 cameras built in 1984. It was obtained from an estate sale - and it was never used!

And, no - I had the black chrome parts sitting in my bag for a FrankenLeica project which never came to fruition. It now also has an all metal M2/M3/MP style film advance lever.

I just freed this little clamp adapter from my local customs office. Bought it from Russia, the customs clerks reluctantly agreed that this little transaction will not sway the war in Russia's favour.

The adapter from Rafcamera is well made, but the lens did not fit. I had to shave about 1mm off the inner diameter with a Dremel. So now I can mount the 100mm f2 ISCO Cine projector lens for 70mm film I recently got for cheap onto my Rolleiflex SL66SE. No focus helicoid required. It focuses from 6m down to 30cm, good for portraits and indoor use. And since it doesn't have an aperture, I don't have to feel like a chump for shooting it wide open all the time 😁.

IMG_9855.JPG

Back