what is this in my RF focusing patch?

Looks like dust on your RF mirror/prism or in your viewfinder on the beamsplitter. Could be de-silvering as well. Either way, you need a CLA.

Phil Forrest

wow okay -- i just got this back from a shop in NYC and i told them the camera was shooting out of focus and i paid them $100 for them to test it out on their test bench -- they told me the camera looks great and it should be perfect -- have yet to run a roll through it yet -- literally just got it back yesterday afternoon. first thing i notice when I get home is this...

also, would you midn having a look at this? this is the only thing i can see that could possibly be wrong?
No idea when this happened -- if it happened at the shop or before?

https://imgur.com/a/h0v1rLR

I don't see what the problem is. Also, it's really hard to diagnose a camera without actually holding it. In a nutshell, if you're unhappy with the repair work, email your repairman and arrange to have it gone over again.

Phil Forrest

I'm of two minds -- if this wasn't there before you sent it off, by all means, get them to clean it out. But if I had bought the camera secondhand with this in the RF patch, I would live with it if it isn't interfering with the function. In fact, I think I have one or two Ms with a little dust like this. Easy to ignore.

Back