What Is Your Favorite Digital Rangefinder Camera?

• Epson RD1 family - all models

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Leica M8 / 8u

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leica M8.2

• Leica M9

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Leica M9-P

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Leica MM

• Leica M-E

• Leica M240 family

• Leica M-P

• Leica M60

• Leica M10

• Leica M10-P

• Leica M10-Monochrom

• Leica M10-R

• Pixii

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Leica M11

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Leica M11 Monochrome

• Total voters
Don't do it... I have the M10, I had the M240, I had the M9 before that, and some analog Leicas (and other brand RFs) and the Zeiss ZM. - The Epson is, what I miss most. I had it more than once and it is just the most fun of all cameras ever, even with its 6MPixel only. I'm looking for some time now for a reasonable offer somewhere for a good condition R-D1, but prices are completely nuts currently. So if you sell once, there is probably no way back - and you're gonna miss it...

I'll miss it for sure. But I haven't shot with the Epson in a really long time and I don't want to feel like I'm becoming a collector.

One of my favorite images made with the Epson:
58853024_385112592081241_5490895111643741951_n.jpg

I agree. I’ve only had my M-D 262 for a short while, but already it feels like shooting a M7 with auto-wind. I often forget that I can change the ISO anytime I want.

M8.

Ive tried all the newer Leicas. The only one I sometimes think about is the original M9 Monochrom but otherwise none of the newer Leicas really appeal.

Yes it would be nice to have a full frame sensor but honestly the newer Leicas seem very clinical to me. The M8 and the M9 Monochrom have something special. The regular M9 is pretty good too but lacking the flawed brilliance of the M8.

Have no interest in any of them after the M9. Features I dont want or need. CCD sensors are far far better than CMOS. My M8 has 120k actuations with 0 issues. I hope it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the M-D 262; but I would have loved an auto-iso setting on the rear dial (difficult to configure just using the VF and scroll wheel though). Ultimately it's the simplicity of operation that really adheres me to the M-D.

The M-10 D doesn't appeal as much. I think the design would have been better with ISO on the rear dial and exposure compensation where the 'rewind' knob is - like Fuji's X-series design.

I'm totally content without a rear LCD; so the wider variety of regular M models don't compete for my vote.

My fave is the M-10-P, the most quiet mechanical focal plane shutter I have ever used and that includes the M3, M6, MP, etc.

Amazing the R-D1 tied for first

Yes, amazing, but it doesn't really surprise me. It's the nicest digital rangefinder I ever used, even including film-rf, the R-D1 ist outstanding just for the joy of using it. I recently bought one again, just to have it. And even with it's outdated 6mpixel-sensor, I still like to use it.

Yes, amazing, but it doesn't really surprise me. It's the nicest digital rangefinder I ever used, even including film-rf, the R-D1 ist outstanding just for the joy of using it. I recently bought one again, just to have it. And even with it's outdated 6mpixel-sensor, I still like to use it.

Sigh. I just sold my R-D1 a couple of days ago.

18568099-orig.jpg
DSC_08692.jpg
Large, bright RF
Ultra quiet shutter
Slim [film-M size] body
Best dynamic range of any digital M to date

The M-P 240 was close, but this one hits the mark!

Looking at the list is akin to choosing which of your kids you're fond of the most.

But I'm with Bill Blackwell. The M10P is what a digital M should have but couldn't be from the start, and Safari is the bomb.

Back