What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

• Total voters
Ah so. Mine must be cloth. But I have read on several sites that later in production Nikon switched to titanium. Nevertheless I love its smooth mechanicalness even though that's not a word.

Sammy Davis jr with a black Nikon S2.

b91c5d1b9d195bbcbed758c199e09b9d.jpg

Other than camera fan Peter Sellers or Tito... not too many people in Europe bought Nikon RF cameras in the late 1950s to represent the latest and the greatest in photo gear.

They were not imported in Europe, the first Nikon that was, was the Nikon F.

I love the S2, above all the black ones.

Erik.

They were not imported in Europe, the first Nikon that was, was the Nikon F.

I love the S2, above all the black ones.

Erik.
Don't have any black cameras except M5. Of the chrome RF's, I always seem to gravitate to my S2, although I have a freshly CLA'd SP . Just bonded to it in some inexplicable way. I'll get over it.

Black Nikon RF's are sexy....to be sure.

Helen, Nippon Photo Clinic in Manhattan serviced my SP right before I bought it years ago. The seller included the service receipt when I traded my M9 for it (and a bunch of cash). One of the best photo decisions I ever made.

Phil Forrest

who services Nikon Rangefinders in the USA, if one needed to ?

Thinking about getting one...

Wonderful photo of Sammy shooting his !

My Nikon S2 developed a shutter capping problem. I sent it to the Head Bartender for a CLA/repair. I’ll let you all know how it turns out. In the meantime, I bought a Bessa R2S from a member here, so I can continue to shoot S-mount lenses.

Back