What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

What's your favorite Nikon RF camera?

• Total voters
My favorite is the SP. It is the only RF Nikon that I have, although I have a number of great lenses in Nikon RF, Contax RF and LTM

I have owned both S2 and S3. Currently have and use an S3 with 5cm f2.0, 3.5 f3.5, 10.5 2.5. I have owned several Leica M's (M3, M2, M4, M4-P, M-6) and they are wonderful, but there is something about the Nikon rangefinders that satisfy just as much. Part of it is that they never seem to need servicing! Can't say that about Leica.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii

For those readers unfamiliar with Critical Postmodern Commentary, Erik is stating here that although Nikon rangefinders are wonderful and we may have a favorite, all rangefinders should be celebrated.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Erik adds that by all means please post not only a photo of your camera, but also a favorite photo from it.

For those readers unfamiliar with Critical Postmodern Commentary, Erik is stating here that although Nikon rangefinders are wonderful and we may have a favorite, all rangefinders should be celebrated.

Erik adds that by all means please post not only a photo of your camera, but also a favorite photo from it.
Great that already at this young age I've found a mature interpreter. Many thanks!

Erik.

I’ve only ever used the Nikon S2… and now that it’s back from service it’s a really capable camera. Very quiet shutter and I love the 1:1 VF when shooting a 50. No issues w/ 35mm or other lenses; I just add an auxiliary VF from framing. I don’t have a pic of my camera handy, but here are some of my favorites taken w/ the S2:

With the Nikkor-SC 5cm f1.4 and TMax 400:

Martinez, CA by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

With the Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2.8 and TMax 400:

The Riders by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

With the Nikkor-SC 5cm f1.4 and TMax 400:

Edge of the World by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

With the Zeiss Opton Sonnar 5cm f2.0 and TMax 400:

Early winter, North Shore by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

OK, here is a Poll :)

Which Nikon RF do you like most? I left the extra box for nuts like me :eek:

Please note, this is a public Poll(your identity will be revealed),you can choose more than one answer...so get your votes in.

Kiu
S2 remains the lead, it is the best ….Fred said it

Back