where do you buy film?

Yeah, interesting. Someone mentioned Harman Express,so I looked them up for Ilford bulk material, but the price is almost the same as at Macodirect... which is good enough for me at 69 € for a 100 ft roll of HP5. :D

The last time I bought film was a week ago when I got nine rolls of ISO 400 Fujichrome from a seller on Craigslist here in Toronto.
Other than that, I'll not need to buy any 50 or 100 ISO slide for 1,000 years as I have many hundreds of rolls in my freezer given to me by my now-Digital photobuds when they switched over.
However, Downtown Camera (bless their little heart) here in Toronto is making a concerted effort to keep film photography alive by selling many different kinds of black and white print, and colour slide films as well as offering processing for them.

I usually use BH photo, but I did just order from CameraFilmPhoto and was pleased. The shipping was pricey, but I like his dedication to film and the bundles he offers.

I also use freestyle sometimes. Our local shop, while they do sell film, does not sell propacks, and their prices are insanely high.

Here in Vancouver, Beau Photo has an excellent supply of film and their staff are very helpful. They are also carrying a lot of used cameras. Everything from pro level to collectible.

Looking to buy film in Jakarta, Indonesia when I go in a few days. Very hard for me to find info, I found Soup N Film, which has Ektar 120 5 roll pack for 495,000 RP. That best price around in Jakarta? How about any of the Velvia's or Provia in 120 (or 220)?

Looking to buy film in Jakarta, Indonesia when I go in a few days. Very hard for me to find info, I found Soup N Film, which has Ektar 120 5 roll pack for 495,000 RP. That best price around in Jakarta? How about any of the Velvia's or Provia in 120 (or 220)?

yes now, they are the best in Jakarta (best price in Indonesia, maybe)

not much collection but enough for casual shooter

I happen to stock my portra , rpx and ektar from them

and I also drop my C41 and E6 to their lab

Sincerely
William Jusuf

I go both ways. I shoot Ilford Delta 100, which is only 50 cents more expensive if I buy at the local shop just down the street from home, vs. from B&H. That's for 120.... For some reason, the price difference is $1.25 for a roll of 35mm.

Ebay. I often buy recently expired film and throw it in the freezer. I haven't had any problems and I now have a freezer full of Provia 400x that I got at a steal (particularly since it is going for more than $20 a roll now).

Various sources:

If I'm in a hurry, certainly the local camera shops (here in Denver, there is only Englewood Camera and Mike's Camera). They carry the basics (just Kodak, Ilford, and Fuji) and at about a $1-2 more per roll than B&H. Not too bad for the convenience IMO.

When I was in LA, Freestyle was the place. But their shipping cost sends me to B&H now if I'm ordering online.

+1 on Fotoimpex.de. They have Rollei films (including bulk) for 30-50% less than B&H and their shipping was fast to the USA.

Back