where do you buy film?

Douchetown, i mean, Downtown Camera in Toronto. Most film friendly place after introducing their film club program. 25% off Kodak.

Searched them on google, cool wall of cameras in there I see.

I get film everywhere except the store. Craigslist-Facebook-Ebay are my tops. Sometimes a good deal pops up in the classifieds here.

I bought 50 rolls of Vista 200 from pound world, (£1 a roll), now discontinued at pound world, but usually from Evilbay, in the past, 70's on wards at photo retailers, (sadly those days where shops were just around the corner are gone).

I like to do business with Glazer's, in Seattle. At least they're in the same state (Washington), and, in the case of film, it doesn't have to travel far in the mail. Plan B is Freestyle.

- Murray

Does anyone have any good up to date UK recommendations?

Had to buy last lot from either Ebay or Amazon as with Vista 200 pulled the Poundland well had ran dry, I've got a cassette loader so don't mind bulk but want to avoid anything with Remjet as I'm still trying to sort a new lab.

I've scored some great deals on film at Photrio ( formerly APUG ). I found I can buy film from Japan through Amazon Japan but the same film sometimes is available on eBay. Ebay is the other source. I used to buy film from BHPhoto too.

Does anyone know where to buy Double-X, in the EU?
I can't find an EU bulk roll seller, best I've found is frame24 from the U.K. which would work out to around 330,- for 400ft. after import duties and shipping. (which is still cheaper per roll than 100ft off U.S. eBay)

FPP, Freestyle, Cinestill and Catlabs (Just got Kodak Aerocolor in 120 and I love Catlabs 320 Pro B&W for my Holga.)

In order of preference:
Amazon (good for discounts of multiple roll packs)
Freestyle (best selection, often sold out)
Local Lab (expensive but good for single rolls)
Eprey (If I feel like gambling on expired stock)

During my travel in US I had to replenish my stock and to my surprise I found quite a good selection of film (some of it very reasonably priced) during my visit to Sedona (at Rollie’s camera).

Kerrisdale Cameras, Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
In my neighbourhood. Photo taken 2023 July 12.
Note, they still have MIJ Fujifilm Superia 200 (Exp 2025) in singles. The 3-pack of Fujifilm 200 is the Made in USA by you-know-who product.

47E5AD80-7B2D-4400-A345-3AD1C08579A9.jpeg

Back