Which Contax G body?

I am not really using the lens, although I've made some nice pictures with it. It is a beautiful lens, incredible good.

Now knowing that you've used this lens I feel deprived for not having seen a single picture you've taken with it. I've never known you to shoot something so wide. In fact, the widest lens I've seen you shoot with was one of your portraits of W.F. Hermans, and even then I recall you saying the 21mm Elmarit was borrowed from him. Aside from that I've only seen a handful of pictures shot with a 28mm either with your Nikon from your time in London or with the Contax. You very much tend to stick in the 35-50mm range.

Would you be so kind as to share some of your pictures taken with the 16mm Hologon? I'm extremely curious to see what you can do with such a wide lens.

Thank you, Pan!

Now knowing that you've used this lens I feel deprived for not having seen a single picture you've taken with it. I've never known you to shoot something so wide. In fact, the widest lens I've seen you shoot with was one of your portraits of W.F. Hermans, and even then I recall you saying the 21mm Elmarit was borrowed from him. Aside from that I've only seen a handful of pictures shot with a 28mm either with your Nikon from your time in London or with the Contax. You very much tend to stick in the 35-50mm range.

Would you be so kind as to share some of your pictures taken with the 16mm Hologon? I'm extremely curious to see what you can do with such a wide lens.

At the moment, I do not have a single one printed, but I´ll see what I can do in the near future.

Erik.

Using the 45/2 on any m4/3 camera gives a 90mm crop with incredibly sharp center. I had a blast with it one trip.

My 45/2 was adapted by someone to M mount with RF functioning. I bought it already in M mount. I kept my G mount 45/2 too. There are online sales of adapters of G lenses to M 4/3.

Hap, thanks for the tip!

Erik.

Off topic from Contax G bodies and lenses, but I recently found that people such as MS Optics and a gentleman in Manchester called Ellis have adapted the Yashica Electro 35 lens onto Leica M. I’ve never shot with a Yashica 35, but the lens looks gorgeous. Hamish Gill of 35mmc had Ellis lend him one of the rehoused Yashica lenses and wrote an article about it. You may be interested:
https://www.35mmc.com/05/11/2017/leica-m-mount-modified-yashica-electro-45mm-f1-7-lens/

Off topic from Contax G bodies and lenses, but I recently found that people such as MS Optics and a gentleman in Manchester called Ellis have adapted the Yashica Electro 35 lens onto Leica M. I’ve never shot with a Yashica 35, but the lens looks gorgeous. Hamish Gill of 35mmc had Ellis lend him one of the rehoused Yashica lenses and wrote an article about it. You may be interested:
https://www.35mmc.com/05/11/2017/lei...5mm-f1-7-lens/

Thanks!

The Planar is nice as long as there are no straight lines in the image. The linear distortion however stopped me using the camera and the lens. The 90mm, the 28mm and the Hologon are really fine, but the 45 is not. I'll publish an image tonight to show this.

I've never tried this Yashica lens, so thank you for this information!

Erik.

Hap, thanks for the tip!

Erik.

My pleasure! Not sure I would want to make my 45/2 a "trans" mount to M. I also have the 28 and the 90. the G2 is a very capable camera. i'm not fond of the finder. Maybe in the end...i'd sell the body (before it crashes) and keep one or more lenses to be made "trans". Just ruminating. Tech Art makes G to Sony E adapters with AUTO FOCUS!

Back