Which M to E-mount adapter are you using?

Local time
11:34 AM
I've been using the Fotodiox PRO lens adapter for the last 10 months on my A7SII. I'd actually bought it a few months before I bought the camera, when I was hoping to buy a used A7S. I've generally been happy with it, but lately have been irritated by the lens wobble. In fact, I was going to post a question about repairs in Canada for the Zeiss wobble, but then realized most (though not all) the wobble is from the adapter. Noticeable on both my 50mm Sonnar and Planar lenses.

I'm not that interested in close-focus options; a regular adapter would be fine.

Not sure if the wobble has gotten worse, or if I've become less patient about it. My sense is that it has gotten worse.

Who is happy with their adapter, and which one are you using?

Both Viogtlanders (close focus and regular) and Novoflex - not noticed any wobble - am very happy with might especially the close-focus Voigtlander

Originally, for a number of years, I have used the original Voigtlander adaptor, and as others have mentioned - no issues. I have now ended up using the VC adaptor as a permanent fixture to my Leica 35 Lux Asph so I can use a PCX5000 front filter to correct for the sensor stack induced field curvature on the Sony as that adaptor allowed sufficient shim adjustment to achieve infinity focus. I have now replaced that with a Novaflex (also have an E to Nikon Novoflex) and find them very well build and, importantly, accurate to scale focus and infinity out of the box (as a note, I initially had to shim the original VC to achieve that)

I have the Novoflex on my A7S and have used it for the 50/1.5 ZM Sonnar as well as several Leica and other rangefinder lenses. It's had plenty of use as you can see by the bayonet mount edges and no looseness at all with any of the lenses. I also have a cheap and cheerful Chinese extending adapter that I only use if trying to get a closer focus, and it also works well with no wobbles and can do infinity focus as well.
U51008I1517131364.SEQ.0.jpg

John Mc

I don't think you need look further than the Novoflex adapters.They are expensive but they are of top precision "German engineering" quality.

Initially bought a cheap no name adapter to use on the S but recently bought the Voitlander close focus adapter to use on the A7R2.

Both work well .... the Voitlander is probably better built but in use no discernible difference as far as I can see.

I`ve not really made much use of the close focus ability of the Voitlander as yet.

I have Fotasy and Metabones ones but it is highly recommended to get a close focus adapter. I got the Voigtlander VM-E.

I've ordered the Novoflex. I was going to wait till March when I visit the U.S.A., but Camtec in Montreal had a decent price, and I've ordered from them before (beginning with my M9).

My first adapter was a Novoflex and I was disappointed by it as it was unusable for long exposure as there would be light leak.

Was impressed with the Shoten Close Focus adapter build quality and no light leak unlike the Novoflex which was twice the price.

Currently I'm using a basic and cheap K&F LM-NEX adapter as lenses mounts perfectly on it and no light leak either.
I also just took a shot and ordered a Tinray LM-NEX close focus adapter on ebay. less than 100$ and quality looks similar to the Shoten, hopefully it works well.

Back