who owns a recent production zeiss ikon here?

I just got my silver ZI with the 50 1.5 sonnar. I'm loving it. My first step into rangefinders. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

I have a ZI and only Zeiss glass (21/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/2.0).

I don't understand all the Leica hype here.

"Special Edition"

Well, I'm still confused. I thought that the "ZI" referred to the camera body (i.e. Zeiss Ikon) and the "ZM" referred to the lenses, but I see cameras being described in advertisements as ZM and others as ZI.

Is there a difference between ZI and ZM as far as camera bodies go, or is my understanding correct and the letters are being used indiscriminately by some people?

You're right. "ZI" refers to the camera, "ZM" refers to the mount type and/or to the lenses, and a lot of people use the terms indiscriminately.

i have ZI limited edition 0520. only body for shooting film with elmarit 28 ASPH, summilux 50 ASPH, elmarit 90 f2.8 latest version.

I just bought the Zeiss Ikon yesterday, and just bought the 35/2.8 Biogon (I was going to buy the 35/2 but as I shoot mostly at f5.6-11 so thought I would save the money for now) and looking forward to taking it for a spin tomorrow.

Just bought and received a mint condtion Zeiss Ikon black camera body from Nanthor on the RFF classifieds. As an eyeglass wearer, it is so nice to work with this camera's bright viewfinder with easy to see lines, and an eyepiece that will not scratch my glasses! With my Voigtlander 35/1.4 attached, it was a joy to use. Light and comfortable, and I really appreciate the AE lock feature.

I have a very nice black ZI that I enjoy very much. Right now I have been using my Nikkor 35mm f2.5 LTM lens with an adaptor. So far I am very happy with this camera.

Hello to all the RFF zi lovers!
I recently purchased a silver ZI ZM LE ;-)
I can't wait for a lens to start exploring my visual world... again!
I hope this will not be very late...

The rangefinder feels stunning!!!

Thank you!
I wish it will be a thrilling experience as the switch from my analogue slr word to the ZI wold is super expensive for my budget...
...but it looks as a design beauty...
I am thinking of replacing the leatherette with something more personal, but this is not part of the discussion at the moment.
Firstly I have to buy a lens... and I am flirting with the C-Biogon...:angel:

I used the Nokton 35mm f/1.4 on my ZI, lots cheaper than a Biogon, although the Biogon is generally considered to be the sharper lens I think.

I used the Nokton 35mm f/1.4 on my ZI, lots cheaper than a Biogon, although the Biogon is generally considered to be the sharper lens I think.

do you suggest the CV Nocton 35/f1.4 instead of the C-Biogon? The C-Biogon seems to be 150€ more expensive... and slower... but people insist that it has very "contemporary" outcome...
I hope I am not that seduced by the Zeiss brand name...

Do you think that the extra 150€ is worthy for the C-biogon??? :confused:

Back