who owns a recent production zeiss ikon here?

do you suggest the CV Nocton 35/f1.4 instead of the C-Biogon? The C-Biogon seems to be 150€ more expensive... and slower... but people insist that it has very "contemporary" outcome...
I hope I am not that seduced by the Zeiss brand name...

Do you think that the extra 150€ is worthy for the C-biogon??? :confused:

In all honesty, I can be seduced by the Zeiss name. 150 Euros more is pretty good, so long as you're OK with the slower lens. If you like shallow depth of field, or like to shoot a lot at night/indoors, it's worth considering the faster lens.

Personally, f/2.8 is fine for me, but it may not be for you.

The Nokton is a small lens, and I think it's great, but the Zeiss lens will also be outstanding. If you can't decide on facts/figures which one you want, just go with your gut instinct.

I got my silver ZI a week ago and i am very glad with it! A few years ago i had several Ms incl. M8. They are something special indeed. But ZI ist also something special. Better in important details. Using just makes fun!
I will go further an get a ZM Planar 50 and a ZM Biogon 2/35 in addition to my Elmar 90 and Jupiter-3.

Reiner

Yes, slowly but surely new RFs are getting on the red list for endangered species ...

Does anybody know how many have been produced?

Reiner

I just bought a silver one - Bellamy Hunt's (Japan Camera Hunter). I live in Hong Kong and didn't even get to see one before buying this one. Why? The import agent told me that they thought the new price had gone up too high, so they would only sell me a new one if I pre-ordered it, and they had no display/shop copies! But when it arrived last week I was really thrilled by that big bright viewfinder! 21stC M3!

I just bought a silver one - Bellamy Hunt's (Japan Camera Hunter). I live in Hong Kong and didn't even get to see one before buying this one. Why? The import agent told me that they thought the new price had gone up too high, so they would only sell me a new one if I pre-ordered it, and they had no display/shop copies! But when it arrived last week I was really thrilled by that big bright viewfinder! 21stC M3!

I scoured HK for one on a trip about the time you wrote this. Came up empty handed. Finally landed one here in Tokyo, for a good price.

I scoured HK for one on a trip about the time you wrote this. Came up empty handed. Finally landed one here in Tokyo, for a good price.

Hong Kong can be very good for sourcing camera gear - especially Leica collectibles. But for super clean stuff to use, Japan seems to be the first port of call.

Glad you managed to find one.

Finally found a lightly used one!

Finally found a lightly used one!

Just got a lightly used black one with the 35/2. Can't wait to begin using it.
Thinking about a case but they appear to be very hard to ind at this point. Any one know where to get one?

Have one too, got it early this year. Not convinced that it's much better than the R2A I used to have, but it looks a little prettier because it's chrome and the R2A was black. But the whole good, better, best ranking with Bessa, Zeiss, and Leica is a bit bogus in my experience. Bessa Rx A and RxM and ZM are pretty equal in terms of quality.

Bessa Rx A and RxM and ZM are pretty equal in terms of quality.

I would agree if it wasn't for two things:
1. The rangefinder base length. More focus accuracy never hurts.
2. My Bessa R4A sometimes advances the film a bit irregularly. Not to the point of overlapping frames, but the divider between frames all but disappears sometimes. The advance of the Zeiss Ikon is perfectly uniform.

I recently bought a Zeiss Ikon (bought from a kind chap on this forum). I am beyond pleased and excited.

Sadly I don't have a worthy lens ... so I am saving up.

Previous rangefinder was a Leica M4-P with a 40mm summicron-c (the lens was about the same price as a Jupiter Soviet job - but I am extremely pleased with it). I can mount the Leitz lens on it but I am waiting to buy a 28mm Zeiss (or at a stretch another, cheaper brand).

[QUOTE a 40mm summicron-c (the lens was about the same price as a Jupiter Soviet job - but I am extremely pleased with it). [/QUOTE]

WOW! you either got a stupendous bargain on the Summicron-C, or have been shopping in the wrong places for Jupiters.

Cheers,
Dez

I think I must have got a great bargain - the Jupiters were less, I remember but not that much less. Amazing really - I usually mess up badly!

[QUOTE a 40mm summicron-c (the lens was about the same price as a Jupiter Soviet job - but I am extremely pleased with it).

WOW! you either got a stupendous bargain on the Summicron-C, or have been shopping in the wrong places for Jupiters.

Cheers,
Dez[/QUOTE]

Though this thread is old, I just got on the ZI bandwagon with a Limited Edition #0744. Got it from a 2nd hand shop in Singapore and I will need to save for a worthy lens as I am now using a TT 7Atrisan 50mm F1.1 with it.

Just finished my 1st roll with it and waiting to collect from the developer.

Back