Who Wants To Test The Lomo LC-A 120 ???????????

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
12:04 AM
see http://shop.lomography.com/lomo-lc-a-120

OK, what dedicated fanatical RFF Lomo head in the US wants to test the Lomo LC-A 120 ?

The Phoblographer Editor's Choice Award Winner
"The best street photography camera: film or digital. Pretty much nothing will beat this."

Modestly proclaimed on the box as THE MOST COMPACT & MAGICAL FULLY AUTOMATIC 120 FILM CAMERA EVER!

Well, its on the internet so you know its TRUE! ....

You will receive a new Lomo LC-A 120 to test for a month. You will provide weekly updates and a test report.

YOU will have to provide the film. Yes, you will have to return the camera.

Write a post why you are the best RFFer choice for the Lomo LC-A 120.

Best testing method / idea gets to test the super duper LC-A 120 FILM LOMO.

I'm not in the US so I can't apply. I'd love to play.

38mm sounds tempting, but to be honest as usual Lomography charges crazy prices and I expect the lens not to be a top notch performer so I'd rather pile up a bit more cash for a beater SWC. for half that price I'd maybe bite.

See I'm a grouch so even if I'd be in the US I'd be a bad choice :D

Me me me!

Ive been following the LCA120 since it was first announced, really interested to see how it performs in the real world. You just cant trust lomo test shots ;)

Overpriced plastic junk! I will try it though. In a few years they will all end up at ebay for a mere of that price.

I'd enjoy testing one and comparing it to my Voigtlander Perkeo II. :)
But ... This isn't a good time. After January, perhaps.

G

Someone here just sold a really nice CLA-d Rolleiflex 3.5F for, I think, $225...
But anyway, that is an old camera, this LOMO is new. Ahem (my reasoning for buying a Lomo Minitar lens).

I shoot 120 a lot of the time (just picked up a Mam 645Pro) but the problem I have is as the film and processing/scanning cost is high, I make sure that the pics I take are keepers. And for that at the 120 level I make sure that the cameras I use are not, umm, quirky.

What is interesting about the LOMO site is that the pics they use in their sample shots are at the low end of the capability of the equipment. I guess to make it's target audience feel good about taking blurry pics? I have found, at least with the Minatar 32 lens, that it can actually take in focus reasonably sharp snaps! But I guess that is contrary to Lomo's mission statement.

This is still a very cool offer from Stephen. I'm afraid I could not provide a weekly update as the turnaround time for getting my film back is 2 weeks...

Someone here just sold a really nice CLA-d Rolleiflex 3.5F for, I think, $225...
But anyway, that is an old camera, this LOMO is new. Ahem (my reasoning for buying a Lomo Minitar lens).

I shoot 120 a lot of the time (just picked up a Mam 645Pro) but the problem I have is as the film and processing/scanning cost is high, I make sure that the pics I take are keepers. And for that at the 120 level I make sure that the cameras I use are not, umm, quirky.

What is interesting about the LOMO site is that the pics they use in their sample shots are at the low end of the capability of the equipment. I guess to make it's target audience feel good about taking blurry pics? I have found, at least with the Minatar 32 lens, that it can actually take in focus reasonably sharp snaps! But I guess that is contrary to Lomo's mission statement.

This is still a very cool offer from Stephen. I'm afraid I could not provide a weekly update as the turnaround time for getting my film back is 2 weeks...

updates don't necessarily have to include pics

observations about the using the camera would be fine

I'm covering Ciclavia this Sunday with a panoramic camera (Noblex or Lomo Perfekt), a Leica MdA with Lomo Minatar 32 lens, and....

If only I had a Lomo 120 to complete this weird uncle grouping.

:)

I'd love to test the LC-A 120.
I've been very interested in that camera since first hearing about it.
Being disabled and not being able to lift a camera to my eye, it seems like it would be a great camera for me. The auto-exposure means not having to get someone to adjust exposure for me, and the wide angle lens is great for scale focusing and blind composition.

This is certainly an interesting opportunity for someone. Whether you like them or not Lomo has certainly had a huge impact on the youth of the world and has had a large influence on the use of film in the past few years.

Whether this trend continues depends on Lomo continuously providing an exciting and interesting way forward for everyone interested in film, but not necessarily thrilled about learning the subtle ins and outs of proper exposure of composition.

Will the Lomo LC-A 120 continue advancing the art of Lomo, while still maintaining the simplicity and ever surprising results of the Holga? How does this camera really work? Has Lomo taken the technology too far or is the introduction of this camera a timely entry into the market? Or has the Fuji Instax hijacked the Lomo aesthetic?

Only a review from the perspective of the various age groups that are part of the Lomo target market will give a meaningful understanding of where this new camera stands in the Pantheon of Lomo.

Automatic Exposure and Aperture in small package doesn't make it Diana right away.

Results are available and plenty.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=LC-A 120

But real review after use should reveal if it is junk in use or not.
Not sure if one month is enough. It has to be at least ten rolls to be able to make valid conclusion.

Substitution and Modification

Substitution and Modification

Automatic Exposure and Aperture in small package doesn't make it Diana right away.

Results are available and plenty.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=LC-A 120

But real review after use should reveal if it is junk in use or not.
Not sure if one month is enough. It has to be at least ten rolls to be able to make valid conclusion.

That, or very easy modification and repairability. My Holga has put up with a great deal of use and abuse, over the last year or two and a few parts have either gone astray or broken. Fortunately a little glue, some tape and substitution have kept it chugging along quite well. The only electronics in mine is the flash, which I actually figured would fail quickly. Surprisingly it is still functioning quite reliably.

I would ask but I just bought one and it arrived today. I was waiting for it to go on sale and I finally got a 20% off coupon that worked for it.

First impression is that it is surprisingly difficult to load the film in the camera. I think a bit more care in this area would have been a good idea.

Haven't finished my first roll of film yet but when I do I will post a few pics.

I'm covering Ciclavia this Sunday with a panoramic camera (Noblex or Lomo Perfekt), a Leica MdA with Lomo Minatar 32 lens, and....

If only I had a Lomo 120 to complete this weird uncle grouping.

:)

that does sound interesting.

OK, you will be the 1st tester.

email me your shipping address.

Be sure to do a unpackaging video, LOL
oh, the drama ...

Back