Who Wants To Test The Lomo LC-A 120 ???????????

I have one of my own now and it is quite an interesting camera. I haven't used it for awhile but, once I finish with this Street Pan 400 obsession I'm on I will get back to it and post some more. :)

Thanks Huss. I am sure there is a lot of sample variation with these cameras.

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots Pioneer.

Here is another from the City Museum in St. louis:

26850008.jpg by David O, on Flickr

Really wish it had the fixed flash sync speed like the original LC-A did. Would be a killer for the Bruce Gilden sort of photography...

I like mine, much better than the 35mm version.
This is a camera that I can take easily with me, it's light, I'm not afraid to break it. Results are often satisfying. I have used also an hasselblad swc, same focal and also a 6x6, the lomo is much more forgiving, easier to use and easier to carry, for sure there is a big gap in image quality but it gives fun.

A shot from my first roll

Untitled by laurent gauthier, on Flickr

and from a bike trip alongside by the Elbe river in Germany

Very nice shots. My favorite is the second one.

Yes it is a nice travel camera for all the reasons you mentioned. I just took mine to California and should have some more pics to post soon.

Here are a few from our trip to California last summer:

47772113012_54534e2fb9_c.jpg
[/url]27210009.jpg by David O, on Flickr[/IMG]

40857915283_0a96dbe2a9_c.jpg
[/url]27180006.jpg by David O, on Flickr[/IMG]

This one uses the Lomochrome Purple film:

40857913153_d6cb61b1e6_c.jpg
[/url]27170005.jpg by David O, on Flickr[/IMG]

I just bought one after 'winning' it on ebay at a price I could not refuse. This one seems better built (from memory) to the original one I tested on this thread. The body leatherette is not peeling off, the lens cover is smoother to use, and there is no weird electrical buzzing as I depress the shutter button.
One thing I have noticed is that it very very occasionally does not let me advance the film after I take a shot. I need to make another shot (forced into a multiple exposure) and then the film advance mechanism frees up.
I'm wondering if I permanently leave it in MX setting whether that would prevent this from re-occuring. Hmmm. (even though all that does is allow recocks of the shutter w/o needing to advance the film).
Test roll getting developed tomorrow.

Never heard of that problem Huss. I still usually lose one shot per roll. That is my biggest problem. That and forgetting to set the focus right. Interested to see your shots.

Never heard of that problem Huss. I still usually lose one shot per roll. That is my biggest problem. That and forgetting to set the focus right. Interested to see your shots.

I've since read other reports of this happening, so I'll chalk this up to a 'quirk'..

Love this camera. Much better than the original I tried many years ago at the beginning of this thread. The lens on this one is very sharp in the center and the focus at infinity and 2.5 m is correct.
I've missed focus when I selected the closest .6 because I think it focuses a bit closer than that. I will have to experiment a little.

Back