Xpan with 35mm PC-Nikkor - Good and useful

Paul, where can we see your test?

Best Regards

Apologies - if you click onto this link, you'll see my photos posted under my nickname "Late Developer".

http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=6732.0

Since the post, I've got hold of the Hasselblad XPan 30mm/f5.6 lens. I haven't used it much as yet but I'm taking the XPan kit (30/45 and 90 lenses) on holiday to Malta later this year.

I haven't tried the older lens that yoyu linked to, sorry. I chose the newer one because I read somewhere that it had better corner sharpness wide open, which was how I was interested in using it on the Xpan.

I agree with sleepyhead - I waited until a later one came up at the same price at KEH, but I'm not sure there will be a lot of real real world difference in edge sharpness.

hey hey, is the 35mm pc super heavy ? can the xpan mount handle it ? aaand can the pc function do anything interesting to the photos taken with it on the xpan ?

hey hey, is the 35mm pc super heavy ? can the xpan mount handle it ? aaand can the pc function do anything interesting to the photos taken with it on the xpan ?

Not heavy, actually quite light for it's size - the Xpan could EASILY handle it.

The PC function is not used with the Xpan, the lens is chosen due it's greater image circle compared to a conventional 35mm format lens.

right on, thanks Yaron !

*just curious... what would happen if you did use the PC ?

Not heavy, actually quite light for it's size - the Xpan could EASILY handle it.

The PC function is not used with the Xpan, the lens is chosen due it's greater image circle compared to a conventional 35mm format lens.

Snagged a PC 35 2.8 AI-S for $240 on ebay and immediately bought a $30 F-Xpan adapter.
Sad thing is it will probably take 3-4 weeks for the adapter to arrive from China but I can play with the PC 35mm lens on the A7 or FM2 until then anyway.

just for confirmation but the filter size thread of the AI-S version is also 52mm?

I have just bought a Nikon 35mm f2.8 PC (Non Ai) lens and tested with a Nikon Xpan adapter. Not sure whether I am doing something wrong, but for some reason I cannot focus using the usual focusing spot. Would I need to zone focus?

yeah you have to zone focus. Please note to avoid vignetting on PC lenses, you have normaly to stop down to f8 or f11* - so zone focusing isn´t so difficult ;) * I don´t know what Nikon recomnents, Schneider Kreuznach (I use a 35mm Schneider PC lens) recomments to stop down to f11.

No Zeiss Tiltshift around

No Zeiss Tiltshift around

there are reviews that Zeiss C/Y 35 tilt shift can do a similar job with f/2.8

I calculated +-5mm shift for the PC-Distagon 35/2.8. its superbe. 63mm image-circle. fantastic even at f2.8(on 24 x36). dsrl-freaks are delighted-google.

at photokina a china-reseller(gone) had a C/Y-Xpan-adapter. never found out who can still deliver it- pity i didnt buy. but xpan is too expensive anyway.

I have a H+N Studiotechnik small bas Pro. Nikon F on copal 1 and HB_back. image circle 48mm. limited by the shutter. dont have pc-nikkor. the nikkors must also be calibrated r distance-scale correct. have a terribly deadjusted 24mm. dont want to be repaired rather sell it. 35mm slightly deadjusted both cannot reach infinity. Grrr. and zeiss on nikon can only focus to closeup. 200mm zeiss ok for portraits.
it seems he use a dualadapter-kit Nikon-m43-m43-Xpan.

Back