XPro or XT?? Tell us why you decided one or the other

A passing thought - or to throw a new spanner into the works...

Does anyone here prefer the XE above the XT or the Pro?? I have two friends who use XE2s and say they are the best ever.

I've never used an XE, but I've seen posted images and they look exceptionally good, given the size of the XEs and all.

Your thoughts, please.

X-E X-T and X-Pro are sharing the same sensors, and thus the quality of the image is identical (for similar generation of cameras).

The differences between them are feature specific, such as AF speed, ibis, OVF, size, etc..

Hi,
I only have experience of the X-Pro2, which I came to from a film Leica M6 (which I still use). I chose it because I like to use an OVF for most of my photography, though the EVF is very good and useful for particular occasions such as close ups or lenses wider than the 18mm. It is a great camera and I see no reason to change it for another - in many ways it is a digital Leica without the expense. I have never used an exclusively EVF camera, like the XT, but sense that I would find it frustrating not to have the clarity of the OVF. But I am sure that you will find others that will disagree with my opinion. Like everything in life, nothing is perfect and some compromise is necessary, but the CP2 is an excellent picture making machine.

I choose to believe it makes me look like what I am, a retired architect. Grid lines in the EVF and all...
Yes. The grid lines are nice.

Sadly, the “artificial horizon line” on my X-Pro1 is no longer level when the camera is perfectly level. So I’ve turned it off.

Yow! I’ve heard of sex-change operations before, but that’s a species-change. Impressive.

Talk about viewfinder intrusion - try Fuji’s petal hood on their XF 23/1.4 - hah!

Even so, 90% of the time I use the OVF. Also, I don’t want the clutter and distraction of the extra “corrected focus square” in the viewfinder, so when I need more focus precision or accurate framing on subjects closer than six feet, I switch to the EVF.

Thanks... I do enjoy this camera a lot and it is the first digital camera that I decided I am never going to part with!

I also use it exactly as you mention. OVF the majority of time, and occasionally when I need the required precision I switch to the EVF.

Back