Yashica Electro 35 GTN help!!!

jakemzuck

Local time
11:14 PM
Hiya,

I’m hoping somebody on here can help me. I’ve just been cleaning the rangefinder on my GTN, and when I reassembled the film advance lever I’ve over tightened the cap screw (the one that takes a two-point lens spanner To turn) and sheered it off.

I’ve managed to remove the broken end of the screw, but does anyone have a replacement from a parts camera? Every ‘parts’ camera I can see on the bay is starting at a ridiculously high price. :(

It’s a great little shooter, and I’d hate to lose it. I’d happily take a non colour matching alternative from a GS or GSN.

Here’s hoping!

I would be tempted to think that is should be the same part like the cheaper MG-1. Others might correct me on that.

Look up yashica on shopgoodwill.com
I know I have that part around here and would just send it to you, but the problem is that I also have corresponding parts from other cameras and the threads differ between most of them. I wouldn't want to send you the wrong one. It should be pretty easy to get a parts body from goodwill. Let us know how you get on.
Phil Forrest

Thanks everyone, I’ve managed to hunt down the part I need from a GT - hopefully that will fit a GTN? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Back