Yashica Electro 35 GTN Issues

£100 for a junker does seem over the top. Or is this an insular "Brexit" thing? :confused:

Yes, I agree @Deardorff- and that's what I said in post #7 (quote: "the OP's price wouldn't have been so bad, but for the fact that it isn't in great condition.") ;)

Re- Brexit....... well, there's a whole host of problems coming to light now, about that act of national stupidity - but I don't think that the prices of old film cameras are among them. Sadly, the actual problems of Brexit are much more far-reaching than that. :mad:

Like I said, charity shops.
Phil Forrest

I think the days of camera hunting in charity shops has passed by, especially at Goodwill, seeing as they put anything camera related on their auction site, and there you have to bid against folks looking for something to resell on eBay at ridiculous prices which are generated by the fact they paid too much for something from Goodwill. And usually it's a piece of junk.

PF

I think the days of camera hunting in charity shops has passed by, especially at Goodwill, seeing as they put anything camera related on their auction site, and there you have to bid against folks looking for something to resell on eBay at ridiculous prices which are generated by the fact they paid too much for something from Goodwill. And usually it's a piece of junk.

PF

So true.
But usually the Electros only sell for between $6 and $12.

Phil Forrest

Thanks for making me feel like a right mug guys :) I do appreciate the input though!

I did do a little search before buying and it looked like £100 was not far off average recent sale prices on eBay UK. This one was listed as "excellent" condition, came with mint case and was the only decent looking one available at the time so I went for it.

I'm way past the returns window but have asked the seller for a partial refund as they're a popular vintage camera seller on eBay.

In the meantime I'm going to buy some seals and have a go at replacing.

Back