Yashica GSN Electro battery cap issue

rolelael

Local time
2:09 AM
I did a repair a long time ago on this camera. The battery spring was broken ( loose contact etc ) .. But still have issue with the battery-cap it seems

I remember there was a cover in the middle of the battery cap before ( with the + sign on it ) . That cover was removed, so Its plain metal, where in the middle is a hole.... How does the cap work . It touches the body of the camera on the sides with the small platter on the outside... But how does the battery itself make contact with the cap ( if there was a sticker in the middle ) .I tried putting some alumium foil into the middle and contact seems better

Any ideas on this one ?

Regs

The sticker fits in the center of the battery contact of the battery cap. There is a Raised Rim that extends past the sticker and makes electrical contact.

I just looked at my parts Yashica GT.

Right. In my experience, you frequently need a spacer (balled-up aluminum foil works well) to make for a better contact between the cap and the battery. It's a large chamber; plenty of room for the battery to shift around and lose good contact. And the contact on the cap can get corroded easily.

The Electro 35 battery cap was designed to work with the old mercury PX32 battery. On the PX32 the positive end was flat, and the contact bump was on the negative end--the opposite of most standard batteries nowadays. So the flat + end of the PX32 made good contact with the raised rim surrounding the sticker of the battery cap, as mentioned by Sonnar Brian above. For best contact, make sure your battery adapter is flat on the + end.

Back