Yosemite!

kzphoto

Well-known
Local time
8:20 PM
Just came back from a surprise 2-day stay in the wonderful Yosemite valley. I shot a bunch of film and found that it's pretty hard to take bad pictures in Yosemite!

I'd love to see what other RFF'ers have done in the valley.

Here's one from Tunnel View:

Yosemite -- Via Tunnel View, CA by kzamani, on Flickr
1/60 @ f/22 on Portra 400 (new)
a%3E

Last edited:
Could you feel Ansel Standing there? I have an old 16mm film of him there with his huge old car and making pictures. would love to visit there one day myself.

Awesome! I am headed there this August/September. Staying at the Awanhee (sp?) lodge. I am very interested in any suggestions (must haves to bring or not bring) that you have. What kit did you use (camera, lenses, filters, etc)? Also, what was your favorite part of the trip? Hope you had a great time!

Nice shot :), tunnel view is a classic viewpoint.

Here's one taken in the late afternoon/evening while hiking on the valley floor: (Nikon F4S, Kodak BW400CN)

orig.jpg

--Warren

Nice Tunnel View shot, and lovely shot above, Warren, too. I love the place. Last summer, my wife and I spent a few days at Wawona. Here is the Telescope Tree, in the Mariposa Grove:

4943482771_589362d49e_z.jpg

One photographic theme I've explored in Yosemite is how the public interacts (or not) w/ the spectular surroundings. In that particular vein, here's another look from the Tunnel View (on Kodachrome, btw):

4946907729_2f7f4cfd55_b.jpg

We try to go at least once a year because Yosemite is a very special place for us. Here's a shot from 2002, I believe, and the camera was a Sony DSC-D770 (1.5MP digital). This is Bridalveil Creek:

orig.jpg
\

--Warren

I need to restrain myself. I think I'll stop with this one :)

Photographer in a Valley Meadow (Nikon F4S, Kodak UC100):

orig.jpg

--Warren

Love everyone's work! It really is a great place.

@d_ross: I couldn't feel Ansel standing there with me, but I could understand his love for the place. It takes a certain maturity to appreciate the outdoors. I never had it as a child, yet now I want to go back again and again.

@keyne: The Ahwahnee hotel is *the* place to stay in the valley. Very luxurious and within walking distance of all the major sights. Have fun!
Favorite part: Hiking the closed road to Mariposa grove to see the giant Sequoia trees. They're breathtaking.
Gear: Fuji GS690III, Hexar RF with 50 & 24. If you have a longer lens/zoom, bring one. There were a few occasions I could see having one. Also a tripod / bubble level would be nice to bring.

Lovely shots, all! I don't have a Tunnel View pic but here are a couple elsewhere.
I think that's Ellery Lake.
U77I1368429899.SEQ.1.jpg

This may well be Porcupine Flat
U77I1368344740.SEQ.0.jpg

Pentax 67, 2.8/75mm SMCP

Bingly, I really like the Kodachrome shot! it's the best street shot Ive seen on here for a long time :)

Love your cats attitude too.

The foreground tree in charjohncarters post from 1950 looks like the very same tree in Kevin's first one. that's either truly amazing or an amazing coincidence :)

Back