You don't use apostophe's to plauralise anything.

ajuk

Established
Local time
2:38 AM
I just noticed the name of the forum "120 RF's" I think that should be "120 RFs" If acronyms took contracting apostrophes then the singular would be RF' but it's not it's just RF.

Thank GOD that's cleared up...I can finally sleep well again.

Bob

I just noticed the name of the forum "120 RF's" I think that should be "120 RFs" If acronyms took contracting apostrophes then the singular would be RF' but it's not it's just RF.

I thought apostrophes were used to pluralize lowercase letters and abbreviations containing internal punctuation or abbreviations ending with the letter S:

He holds two Ph.D.'s.l
Three x's in a row wins.
They sent SOS's over three frequencies.

No?

I thought apostrophes were used to pluralize lowercase letters and abbreviations containing internal punctuation or abbreviations ending with the letter S:

He holds two Ph.D.'s.l
Three x's in a row wins.

No?

My understanding too.

He holds two Ph.D.'s.l
Three x's in a row wins.

No?

Nope. Possessive or contraction.

What about greengrocer's (and everything they sell, such as carrot's, onion's)? It's known in English as the Greengrocers' Apostrophe.

Cheers,

R.

I believe the apostrophe is correct in RF's because as blindrobert said, it's an abbreviation, and the apostrophe stands for the missing letters in rangefinders.

Back