Your ten best photos

colinh

Well-known
Local time
11:48 PM
I've been going through the gallery and there seem to be a lot of good photographers here, and lots of us wannabes too :)

Unfortunately, some people have hundreds, if not thousands of images uploaded. I can't look at them all.

How about creating a My Ten Best Photos gallery? When you get a better shot, replace one of the others - even if it's *really* good too.

Just an idea.

So, here are My Best Photos (only 5 so far).

colin

Last edited:
I managed to physically damage and ruin my best/favourite photo :(

I daren't tempt fate by naming another 9!

Ash said:
I managed to physically damage and ruin my best/favourite photo :(

You mean it wasn't immortalized on the web? :( Anyway, you're not one of the culprits. :)

photogdave said:
Unfortunately it wasn't the hottest thread on the board. I think the gearheads outnumber the rest of us!

I somehow suspected that this wasn't a revolutionary idea :)

So, how much does your camera weigh?

colin

Last edited:
I'll admit to talking gear and the technical more than design. I find the design aspects are harder to get into a written form clearly, plus I always put a lot of consideration into the size of my prints- a 14x18" print is hard to translate to the monitor.

I think any talk of design is by necessity a two-way discussion best suited to a one on one, in person session. There are always rebuttals to interrupt any discussion I have in this arena, questions answered, the whys and wherefors a particular decision was made. For me this needs to be in person with hands waving and sometimes a red crayon!

Last edited:
sepiareverb said:
plus I always put a lot of consideration into the size of my prints- a 14x18" print is hard to translate to the monitor.

That, of course, is a very valid point. Still, to get some idea of the image, composition, lack of cropping ( :D ) etc. even a low-res scan is better than nothing.

Anyway, what I meant was not the posting of images, but a selection of the best that *are* posted.

colin

57546103_2d1c8a8bf1.jpg

537999532_ba4613f369.jpg

754274191_cc0cd72869.jpg

50084718_99c9a5abd8.jpg

43015815_b05801793f.jpg

104771135_600a296f10.jpg

477882626_c51dd8279d.jpg

182226606_d03925232e.jpg

104771490_7cb33308f3.jpg

49476696_83bc16c85a.jpg

I think its a great idea. You could set it up album style where each member is only allowed one album that holds ten pictures. Then you can view by member.

Not that I think that my stuff is great but I can never come up with only 1, 10 or even 20.

Can you reformulate your question and make it 100 instead? ;) I could probably come up with my 100 personal favorites easier then only 10. After all the money that went through this photography thing it would be a shame to name only 10!

one can be very proud if he leaves more then 5 photos which will be remembered after his/her lifetime.

After all the money that went through this photography thing it would be a shame to name only 10!
I belive that the investments you made, have absolutely nothing to do with the output (pictures)

I think it is a good idea you dont have to flood the gallery with snapshot.10 good picture i will create a gallery with that.

Daniel's point and the coincidence that there are twelve months in a year suggest that the magical number 12 might be more suitable.

BTW Daniel, I think I'd quite like to see your twelve all time greatest shots. Not just the best of each month, or whatever.

As a special, special, once only exception, NB23 is allowed 16 (since they also fit on one page in gallery view).*

:)

To try and clarify: the point is that if you have a Best Of gallery, people are *more* likely to look at all of your photos. One could even have a "...and all my other really good photos" gallery. If they were really impressed with the Best Of, then they'll want to go through all the others too.

Until someone who knows more about RFF (most of you) makes a better suggestion, I suppose one could just register one's gallery here. I.e. just say that you have one.

colin

* of course, everyone can do what they want - it was only a suggestion...

I've been trying to edit down my stuff to a small "best of" for ages. I always give up, not because I think I have too much good stuff, but because I find it almost impossible to find more than 3 or 4 pictures that I'm really pleased with, so it's always a depressing experience going back through the portfolio :)

Ian

I am a gearhead, but I won't unnecessarily deliberate about my best. Here they are:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfischer/sets/72157601120391942/
I am young and have only been taking pictures for 2 years so it's easy to cull my top 10.

There have been some cool shots on this thread so far. 'The Burger Bar' by ourmanintangier, the stadium shot by ywenz, etc have really impressed me.

It's interesting that some people seem so reticent to post any pictures. I know it can be difficult to choose 10, especially if you've been at it for a long time, but it's funny that people who could so easily nit-pick the minutia of lens design are so shy about sharing the actualization of what photography is all about.

Last edited:
Back